• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

State sovereignty measures passed or considered in 37 states

B
Dec 31, 2007
Lolo, MT
Alaska has joined 36 other states in introducing resolutions for state sovereignty as part of a growing resistance to the federal government.

Select paragraphs:
"According to the report, the joint resolution does not carry with it the force of law, but supporters say it is a significant move toward getting their message out to other lawmakers, the media and grassroots movements...

While seven states – Tennessee, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Alaska and Louisiana – have had both houses of their legislatures pass similar decrees, Alaska Gov. Palin and Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen are currently the only governors to have signed their states' sovereignty resolutions.

The resolutions all address the Tenth Amendment that says: "powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."...

Among the states where such proposals at least have been considered are Louisiana, Colorado, Wisconsin, Florida, Illinois, West Virginia, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Nevada, Oregon, Alabama, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Idaho, New Mexico, South Dakota, Virginia, Kentucky, Alaska, Indiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, Minnesota, South Carolina, Georgia, Kansas, Texas, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Missouri, Iowa, Montana, Michigan, Arizona, Washington and Oklahoma.

In Louisiana, it passed the Senate in May and the House in June.

In Idaho, it passed the House in March and the Senate in April.

In North Dakota, it passed the House and Senate both in April, with the House a short time later adopting changes made by the Senate.

In South Dakota, it was approved by both houses of the Legislature and under that state's rules does not need the governor's signature.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104524

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Isn't it sad that we have to force our politicians in washington to recognize that they are limited to the powers outlined in the constitution. You would think they would already know that.

B
Dec 31, 2007
Lolo, MT
Isn't it sad that we have to force our politicians in washington to recognize that they are limited to the powers outlined in the constitution. You would think they would already know that.

Yeah, a week or so ago Lindsey Graham and Jeff Sessions (and Bret Baier) on the same day all referred to "our Democracy." YIKES!

B
Dec 31, 2007
Lolo, MT
Montana state legislature only meets every two years for 90 days and they just finished, so I'm not sure what we can do to move toward sovereignty, especially with Brian Schweitzer as governor. I guess the governor can call a special session (NOT) or the majority of legislators can. I asked the Rep who wrote the Made in MT gun law about the sovereignty thing and I'm looking forward to him getting back to me. We've looked at moving to Texas, but there's no snow there.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Montana state legislature only meets every two years for 90 days and they just finished, so I'm not sure what we can do to move toward sovereignty, especially with Brian Schweitzer as governor. I guess the governor can call a special session (NOT) or the majority of legislators can. I asked the Rep who wrote the Made in MT gun law about the sovereignty thing and I'm looking forward to him getting back to me. We've looked at moving to Texas, but there's no snow there.

TEXAS!?!
Better learn to speak spanish.

Premium Features