• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drive Belt?

Z
Nov 15, 2015
minnesota
Coming from a g4 850 to a new alpha! Have yet to ever ride a sled besides a skidoo so trying to pick up some pointers on the arctic cat stuff. Is everyone using the factory cat belts? or is there a better/ cheaper option like gates or something along those lines?

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i've used other brand belts in the past, usually because of convenience, but now for simplicity and consistent clutching, use only cat belts....with the new clutching, which runs much cooler than doo's by the way, you should get much better belt life than doo..

B
Nov 11, 2009
Canada
I bought an Carlisle ultimax for a spare because it’s about half the price of a cat belt. I think I’ll use it to get me through the day if I blow a belt but will replace the blown one with cat and keep the ultimax as a permanent spare.

Last edited:
Z
Nov 15, 2015
minnesota
I bought an Carlisle ultimax for a spare because it’s about half the price of a cat belt. I think I’ll use it to get me through the day if I blow a belt but will replace the blown one with cat and keep the ultimax as a permanent spare.

do you have the belt number by chance? thats kinda my thinking of what i would do as well.

Premium Features