• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The "I'm looking for people headed west from MN" thread.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I'm creating this thread as a place for people to post if they are looking to get a group together to ride out west or if you have an extra spot or two for someone to tag-a-long. That way everyone has a single spot to look and can hopefully get an extra trip in or two.

Thank you,

Ben

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
I will in West Yellowstone Dec 26-Jan 1 if any one wants to tag along during those days let me know. I have been going to west since 1995 and know area pretty good.

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
I have some work to finish in the shop this week and then going to Vegas/Arizona for a week. Would like to get out for a break-in ride as soon as conditions permit somewhere. Just did a big bore on my Summit and would like to shake it down before the good stuff gets deep. Near Austin, MN open to different areas as conditions dictate.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I hope to get a trip going out west arriving January 2nd, but not exactly sure where or who is going. Maybe IP, or Alpine. Looking at renting a house in IP but need six people. I am sure I can get four. Going to get more serious about planning after T Day.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
I'm back in MN now (south metro) and planning to take as many trips west as I can so hit me up if anyone has an extra spot to fill.

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Looking to head out to the Snowies sometime between Dec. 5th and 15th. Breaking in a new engine so taking it a bit easy for awhile. Would like to ride two or three days. Have a 2002 Duramax crew cab. I have a single place trailer or can pull some one elses. Probably stay at Friendly Motel or Old Corral. Reply here or summitx670156@yahoo.com. I ride a 2013 Summitx 154 with fresh TMS big bore.

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Look to be heading out to the Snowies on Weds. to ride Thurs. - Friday return on Sat. Anyone up for a short notice run:) ?

Last edited:

jbrandsted4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2016
Twin Cities, MN
Minneapolis guy looking to join in on some western trips this January-March

Hi There- New to snowest, but looking to meet some guys that head out west regularly. Originally from the Black Hills, but am now located in Rosemount, MN. Have a pretty flexible schedule. Appreciate meeting other new riders and the opportunity to join in.

Thanks-

jbrandsted4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2016
Twin Cities, MN
2019 riding season

Would love to connect with some guys to head out this season. My brother and I are heading out February 21-24 to either the Big Horns or Togwotee. Not sure where yet, but he is going to rent so I would have room for 2 more sleds in my trailer.

Also if any guys are heading out any other weeks/long weekends and have room for a new guy - would love the opportunity.

I'm pretty low key, will have the occasional beer, but really look forward to the long days in the snow. Have a 1 ton diesel, willing to pull. PM me if any interest.

Thanks-

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
We are headed out the night of feb 15th coming back 21st. Have room for one or two. Not sure exactly where yet, wherever the snow is deepest. We have avy bags, have taken Duffy’s avy1 course, and an inreach. Any interest, let me know

Ex-Flit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
North Branch, MN
looking for some people to go out west with. My schedule is flexible in the winter. I am mostly familiar with Island Park and the snowies, but I am open to going anywhere. I have been riding the mountains since 1998. I have a crew cab truck with a flat bed which can haul 2 sleds and a 4 place trailer.

Last edited:
K
Dec 5, 2018
Moorhead, MN
Are there any groups looking looking for one or two more this winter? The furthest west I have gone is the Black Hills and I’d like to make it into the mountains this year. at least once or twice. I’d prefer with a couple people who know their way around and what they are doing. I live in Moorhead, MN.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Are there any groups looking looking for one or two more this winter? The furthest west I have gone is the Black Hills and I’d like to make it into the mountains this year. at least once or twice. I’d prefer with a couple people who know their way around and what they are doing. I live in Moorhead, MN.

What kind of sled do you ride?

Premium Features