• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EVO boosted launch worth it?

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Depends...

I already have the computer re flashed to 215 tune. Is the boosted launch worth it? How many belts per 100km do you get?
I believe the anti-lag is only available with the BC and SC V-map flash, I could be wrong. I have the V-map with anti-lag on mine (BC setup), with a few driveline enhancements. If you are running stock driveline with power enhancements, it is only a matter of time before you break something. I've not blown a belt yet on my 2013, which has had a BC turbo on it since day one...but I've taken steps to avoid it, too.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
You can get the vmap with anitlag for the stock turbo as well. I think it is going to be a nice little option. Some may use it a lot more than others depending upon riding style.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I already have the computer re flashed to 215 tune. Is the boosted launch worth it? How many belts per 100km do you get?

Launch Control is available for both stock and big turbo setups. It would require a $299 upgrade.

Creek crossings are now for four strokes as well :)

K
Nov 13, 2013
Squamish BC
Launch Control is available for both stock and big turbo setups. It would require a $299 upgrade.

Creek crossings are now for four strokes as well :)

Thanks for the reply EVO, if I already purchased the hp portion of the tune am I able to pay less and just get the launch part?

Stock turbo,hd chain,ic fan and all new intake and exhaust... Fyi

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
Just ordered the stage 2 with the 91 tune also for this season and then upgrading to the bc next winter and some more info on this would be nice since I was on you site a few weeks back for the stage 2 but now I don't see it. Is this more for lake racers lile the EZJacker system was?

K
Nov 13, 2013
Squamish BC
Just ordered the stage 2 with the 91 tune also for this season and then upgrading to the bc next winter and some more info on this would be nice since I was on you site a few weeks back for the stage 2 but now I don't see it. Is this more for lake racers lile the EZJacker system was?

Ez jacker is a waste justin why did you do that? Lol. I would think you would nuke your belt doing a boosted launch? Tricoonie sucked today btw

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Thanks for the reply EVO, if I already purchased the hp portion of the tune am I able to pay less and just get the launch part?

I also am running the 215 flash- and did so all last season with all EVO's parts -and my stock Turbo....
I just installed the upgrade to the launch V map- what has to be remembered is that NOW you have 3 setting on the new V-Map

Depending on your octane from the pump- you can now precisely get the BEST performance from that rating-89/91/100
Now you can get 230 HP with 100 octane where your tuning from the 215 flash could not take you.

Squeezing all it can now from the stock turbo and remaining driveline safe-Thats' the goal!!

S/C

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership

The $299 US is the upgrade VmAp antilag price for existing 91/93/100 stock turbo flash customers. The upgrade price is more for existing BC/SC turbo kit guys. Depending on what kit they have will require the 190lpm fuel pump as well.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
89/@ 200 HP 91@ 215 HP 100@ 230.. for us stock turbo guys according to the install from Jim
before we had the 215 and with 2 gal of 100 for the safe side... now we can queeze a bit with the avaiable octane
The launch control is a door prize ( Thanks Jim) to assist with creek crossing and of course the drag racing that we seem to always be involved with with them 2 s turbo guys.

S/C

Last edited:
K
Nov 13, 2013
Squamish BC
I also am running the 215 flash- and did so all last season with all EVO's parts -and my stock Turbo....
I just installed the upgrade to the launch V map- what has to be remembered is that NOW you have 3 setting on the new V-Map

Depending on your octane from the pump- you can now precisely get the BEST performance from that rating-89/91/100
Now you can get 230 HP with 100 octane where your tuning from the 215 flash could not take you.

Squeezing all it can now from the stock turbo and remaining driveline safe-Thats' the goal!!

S/C

Powerful

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
89/@ 200 HP 91@ 215 HP 100@ 230.. for us stock turbo guys according to the install from Jim
before we had the 215 and with 2 gal of 100 for the safe side... now we can queeze a bit with the avaiable octane
The launch control is a door prize ( Thanks Jim) to assist with creek crossing and of course the drag racing that we seem to always be involved with with them 2 s turbo guys.

S/C

Just to clarify - never run less than 91 octane in the mountains, but if you happen to get bad fuel, turn the power all the way down.

Jim

K
Nov 13, 2013
Squamish BC
So I was thinking, why even offer different setting. Once you ride on the highest setting why would you ever turn it down? I look at it like the chip in my truck. It lives on hot setting... Just sayin.

I've never ridden a sled and said " you know this sled is fun and all but there is too much power" maybe all the old farts on here from the flat areas might disagree but I know all my friends out here on the coast can never have enough power, especially when you have to climb chutes.

Kisses

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I'm going to get the V-map for 2 reasons, first if I run out of fuel I want to be able to switch my sled to 91 and take gas from another sled rather then send someone back to the truck to get me fuel. Second when I'm climbing I want max HP but when I'm playing in the trees at slow speeds I don't need max HP the low to middle HP's settings are better.

K
Nov 13, 2013
Squamish BC
I'm going to get the V-map for 2 reasons, first if I run out of fuel I want to be able to switch my sled to 91 and take gas from another sled rather then send someone back to the truck to get me fuel. Second when I'm climbing I want max HP but when I'm playing in the trees at slow speeds I don't need max HP the low to middle HP's settings are better.

Ok the low on fuel thing I would agree with.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Thats why I want it!

Same reason for myself. My sled burns lots of fuel. I'm always out before everyone else in my group. I believe its cause I'm riding while everyone else is just sitting around? I like the sights to... but I go to ride! I've done this with my 2.0 a bunch of times. Set at 18-20lbs running Av, then have to borrow fuel, just turn it down. I have had the deto light come on with 50/50 premium and 100ll at 6000ft. Same spot, same conditions the next day with straight or mostly straight 100ll and no light. So fuel is an issue!

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Can't wait!

I can't wait to try the re-flash w/ V-map. I've been nothing but happy with my Boondocker 2.0! Everyone says its junk compared to the Evo flash... so it should be AWESOME! One day I'll put the S/C turbo/flash on the ole' girl.

Premium Features