• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boondocker cold air intake, what am I missing here?

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
So I received my boondocker cold air intake today. When I was talking on the phone with the guy he said it came with everything that I needed to attach it to the stock plastic elbow and come back and out just left of the headlight. When I opened it up there are only 2 pieces. The filter pod and the large aluminum section pictured below. Am I missing some pieces? How does the aluminum piece attach to the plastic elbow and don't I need another elbow to come up and out of the hood. Of course there are no instructions or info on there web site. Does any one who has this set up have any pictures of how they did theirs? Thanks so much for your help
IMG_20131107_194602_205_zpsd91d370a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Sure looks like what you have you remove the plastic elbow and attach your new aluminum piece to the silicone elbow coming out of the turbo then straight up that way since it has the fittings on the bottom for your breather etc

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
Sure looks like what you have you remove the plastic elbow and attach your new aluminum piece to the silicone elbow coming out of the turbo then straight up that way since it has the fittings on the bottom for your breather etc

That's what I was thinking too, but there isn't a nipple for brv and no tubing to bring the tube that attached to the back of the stock filter all the way up. Plus if it came straight up and out wouldn't that thing just get ripped off the first hard turn I made to the left? That's why I specifically asked the guy at boondocker if it came out up by the headlight. Hummmmm. I think im missing parts.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I've never done one of their kits. They always seem a little dazed and confused. I only get the collapsible cage, buy a 2.5" 45deg and make it happen. I put a 1" width of 2.5" aluminum pipe in the inside of the 45, then shove it up into the 3" cage and it fits there perfect. Then put a clamp on the outside of the cage. I don't take out the plastic elbow.

Depending on how you cut the 45 elbow (get one with 6" long straight pieces) it puts the cage beside the edge where the headlight transitions to the side part of it.

Last edited:

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I've never done one of their kits. They always seem a little dazed and confused. I only get the collapsible cage, buy a 2.5" 45deg and make it happen. I put a 1" width of 2.5" aluminum pipe in the inside of the 45, then shove it up into the 3" cage and it fits there perfect. Then put a clamp on the outside of the cage. I don't take out the plastic elbow.

Depending on how you cut the 45 elbow (get one with 6" long straight pieces) it puts the cage beside the edge where the headlight transitions to the side part of it.

That's probably the route I should have gone but I paid $160 for what I was told was a complete intake system. I will call boondockers here in a little when they open and see if he just forgot some parts.

D
Oct 8, 2012
I have the same kit it will come straight up out of the rubber boot directly off of the turbo u cut a whole in the plastic hood on left side I have lots of pics if u need them

D
Oct 8, 2012
I have the same kit it will come straight up out of the rubber boot directly off of the turbo u cut a whole in the plastic hood on left side I have lots of pics if u need them

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah

Pictures pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeee. How did you route your hoses? What did you do with the hose that came out of the back of the stock filter? The aluminum nipple for the brv seen a little small. Do you have the stock brv or an evo?
Thanks so much for your help. If you don't want to post the pictures here I can give you my email if that helps.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
IMG_20131109_181812_507_zps30c281c2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Thanks for all your help dirtycat. For those of you thinking about buying the boondocker cold air intake I wouldn't waste your money. Its not a complete set up, the nipples are in the wrong places and in my opinion its going to come out of the hood to far forward so when I roll my sled (if you ride with me you know its going to happen) its going to get crushed. Hopefully im wrong.

Last edited:
Premium Features