• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

840 vs. 910

T

trench

Nov 28, 2007
Can anyone tell me which has more power and torque,
I would think the 910 , since it uses twin pipes and some race fuel.
I would guess about 15-20 more h.p.
Am I right and if not can you explain.
Intrested in doing a iq raw project.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Run twins on the 840 and pick up more power.

I have seen them both run. I believe the 910 has a little more go but not much over the 840. Put twins on the 840 and it might well be a wash.

But there is something about running a pump gas single making near 910 hp that isn't built on the 800 big block bottom end that is appealing.

sled_guy

I

IndoubtGASIT

Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Both twin piped set up the same i'd say the 910 has about 5 more hp. There's no way 70cc's are going to make 20 more horse.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Totally depends on who setup it up and the tune of the day for that comparison.

The small block sure feels better day in a day out. Like has already been stated...put an race aftermarket jug ported twin piped race gas 800 small block in her for a more accurate comparison in like classes. That motor is BY BY "BUY" over the 910.

There is also a prototypical IMPROV"D (which means stock jugs) one running around that is reported to be EXCEPTIONAL. (if you don't mind race gas that is probably your most ecomomically viable package for cost vs performance in that application) BIG money ie and time in porting so all of these are expensive.

troyby

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2005
Kaysville, Utah
but it should solve the problem of the crank letting go, then your left with running hard every day. i just sent an Indy bottom end to Carl's that arrived there Friday. hope to get it back in 2 weeks to put on the snow this year!!

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Thats bs

We have had two indy dan bottom ends and not woth it at all both have went out on us also we had one crank and his end bent after 400 miles. so thats two complete bottoms ends and one crank. He did do this for free (contest last year) but thats beside the point. the last fiasco was a joke.

troyby

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2005
Kaysville, Utah
We have had two indy dan bottom ends and not woth it at all both have went out on us also we had one crank and his end bent after 400 miles. so thats two complete bottoms ends and one crank. He did do this for free (contest last year) but thats beside the point. the last fiasco was a joke.

so i take it your telling me i just wasted $1395 for a bottom end that doesnt hold up any better than a stock one? I've gone through 6 cranks in 3 years, was about to get rid of the motor but gave it one last chance.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
so i take it your telling me i just wasted $1395 for a bottom end that doesnt hold up any better than a stock one? I've gone through 6 cranks in 3 years, was about to get rid of the motor but gave it one last chance.

this should tell you time to jump ship....before your wallet runs dry.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007

just to clarify you sent in your cases as well ans all the work done to them also is this correct

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Yes

My buddy sent in his crank case and clutch the first time. when it came back the crank would not turn properly in the case when i called about it they said run it. i told poo brew it was going to go down on him and it did at about 6 to 800 miles. we called indy and they remembered the deal so they sent us another crank. we installed that one and at about 400 miles the pto end bent bad, oh by the way when we pulled that first one apart, the bearing fell off of the pto end. any way Indy dan contacted me this season and said he had a better bottom end with a warranty and wanted Poo brew to try it out we sent a case that needed repair. it was repaired and sent back with a crank installed. it went out in short order when We took it apart the case halves had a serious low spot where the repair was made. when we contacted indy they said there was so much valume flowing through the case it would not hurt it.we torqued the case and cylinders back on and stuck a light in the case and sure enoughh light shootoing uot the the low spot in the case.i called they had said oh we did;nt have any of our ends so we put the best used polaris stuff into the crank ( what)he said we could send the crank in and they would repair it. Forget that after three set ups i wouyld;nt trust them with nothing. that said all this was free and we were susposed to report about how it worked, so this is it. i'm not sayting any one wasted there money, i;m just saying this is what happened to us, and yes twice we sent every thing in and they did the work.No Bs and no bias. sometimes the truth hurts. Free or not it sucked.

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
I would like to hear more about the problems with the Indy bottom end. I know talking about it is getting off this topic. Hardass maybe this topic could be moved and then posts made. I just purchased a indy dan bottom end and up until now I've heard nothing but good with them. This info you are sharing is concerning to me. I just put the motor together and have 2400 invested in it. I DO NOT want to go through this again in a few hundred miles. Hopefully Dan can also chime in on this since it is his product. Again sorry for getting off topic.:beer;

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Ok

I did post a thread in p mod just now on this subject. it is not nmeant to bash it;s just the facts, every one can draw there own conclusions.

Premium Features