• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slp single on a Dragon 800

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
They send it with a resistor (to the exhaust sensor) that richens the fuel mix about 4%-Not sure how low of elevation you can ride though. Good at 4000'+ but if you are lower you might want to check with SLP.
Then to get the most from your sled you might want a clutch kit from Carl's.

Do you have to do anything to it? Reflash or anything?

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Put on an SLP pipe/can 2 weeks ago and there was no resistor with it. I called SLP and they told me I was good down to sea level. Mine ran kinda funky the first 30 mins from about 3000'. An hour later at 5000+ it was ripping and has ever since. I did have some thread issues in the SLP EGT bung. Make sure you look it over first because its a wierd thread pitch (12mm x 1.25 pitch?) if I remember right and I had to order a bottoming tap to clean it out. Make sure you use anti sieze, the OEM EGT plug is stainless. I would also get a new Y-Pipe to head gasket just incase you tear the stock one or just to have everything new.

Read the directions on re-routing the wires to the left side of the plenum and you should be fine. Good luck. EW

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I have the single..with carls clutch kit..I ride from sealevel to 8000ft..runs great.I also geared down to 19/42.this is on a 163 track..run premium fuel..

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Ericw what grade of gas do you run in it

Premium Features