• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Lightweight LED - don't work properly..

C
Nov 27, 2007
Hello,

I've bought the SLP LED light, but can't get it to work properly on my 07' rmk.. :/

I have tail-light, but not brake-light.

I've disconnected the brake-light wire for now, because when it's connected it gives me constant brakelight in the indicator by the speedo.. :(

Anyone else had this problem, and what did you do to make it work?

I've measured the Ohm from the old light, it's: 2,6Ohm, and the LED light it less than 1 Ohm, my volt-equipment couldn't measure that low.. I've tried using a resistor, both 1 Ohm, and 1,6 but it didn't seem to give out any response. (I had the resistors between the cable connection from the light and from the sled. I haven't tried to put the resistors between the wires itself, because I can't see how that's going to make any difference.)

I really hope someone could help me out on this one.. :/

Last edited:

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
I had the same problem with mine, no brake light.
wire was unhooked at the lever switch, your problem does sound a little different though.

Have a buddy that has electrician in his blood.;)

C
Nov 27, 2007
I would have loved to call them, but unfortunately I'm from Norway, so cost of an international call will get sky-high.. :eek:

I'll try e-mailing them:)

btw, thx for the replies:)

Hope for more answers though:)

I have just put a LED tail light on my sled and thankfully it worked just fine. I have heard that some guys have had to put a diode inline to get the right voltage to light up the brake light or the tail light. Does the light you bought have two wires or three???
If it is three wires I would think it would work...must be a problem with voltage regulator or if you have two wires...might have to try the diode.
Not sure if that helps or not but good luck anyway.

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
I had the same problem on my 06 600 when I tried to use an SLP taillight.

I found was that Polaris changed the wiring system on the newer sleds. The polarity is different and the method used to power the brake light has been changed. It used to be that the brake light switch completed the circuit and the taillight would come on. Now it is reversed, the brake light circuit has continual power and the switch acts as the ground.

I solved my problem by buying a 4-bar taillight for $32 dollars which has been working perfectly since installed. The only issue i have noticed is the brake light will flicker on and off at low RPM (idiling) goes off the moment the sled comes off idle.

Slp also lists an adapter for the newer Polaris sleds.

C
Nov 27, 2007
Hmm.. I've tried to e-mail SLP, tried to e-mail my dealer, where i bought the LED. No one have replied for the moment.

I'll try putting a 5W light on the brake-wire to se if i could stabilize the current :S

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
According to everyone in back of me mine didn't work when it worked, finally
got tired of the nagging and made a very small tailight out of a lens from Walmart with a conventional bulb.

Am trying LED again on my longtrack TNT project but with a dirtbike LED tailight from Dennis Kirk. My buddy just got a LED for semi trucks (weighs 8 oz) and he says with the brake light function on its so bright you can't look at it. LED's have improved a bunch in past five years, hopefully some nice little compact jobs will trickle down in availability for us.

Good Luck

Premium Features