• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Folding saw

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Well my 10.00 finally decided to go tango uniform... looking to see what y'all are using that doesn't cost an arm or a leg, but wont bog down on a cut either

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Not sure, but learned on mine that you saw on the pull and not on the push because it is easy to bend/break the blade.

I think a curved blade which is longer would cut better.

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
url

I got me one of these ^^, fits in my pack easily...makes quick work of small trees.

edit: pic didn't work... Fiskars power tooth folding saw, link below

http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Gardening-and-Yard-Care/Saws/POWER-TOOTH-Softgrip-Folding-Saw-10

Last edited:

t300

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2009
Manitoba
I have a few and the Silky Pocketboy is head and shoulders better (faster cut) than anything else I have used. I have the 170 large tooth. They seem to have gone up a bunch in the last couple of years though.

sierraclimber

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2009
Oakhurst, CA (western sierra)
Stihl works very well and compact. I do lots of trail work in the summer and tried many saws over the years. Stihl stays sharp and makes fast work of the thick stuff. Cuts only on the pull stroke. Many hardware stores carry replacement blades too.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
I have the Silky it cuts great compact comes with a nice plastic case. I carry it in my tunnel bag doesn't get in the way.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Went with the Silky Gomboy, picked it up at Sportsman Warehouse for $45. Didn't mind the price, seeing as at least it wasn't made in China. One thing's for sure, you dont wanna miss and wack yourself. This blade will turn ya into hamburger real quick... :face-icon-small-sho

IMG_0732.jpg

Premium Features