• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's flying a DJI MAVEC DRONE when sledding?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Judging by that house you're not :rofl:

or maybe you are because of it

Ya, I am PROFOUNDLY fortunate to live in this house.
There is a long story behind it, but suffice it to say I only had to pay for HALF of it.

Otherwise there is NO WAY I could afford this with what I make!!

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
This was my first attempt at a vid with the Mavic. I put it together with the app right on my phone that night (and it shows l suppose). Editing is a PITA. I wish l could pawn it off on someone lol.

I just put the drone loose in my pack and the batteries & remote in my inside pocket.

https://youtu.be/E2Kc4kvWciU

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E2Kc4kvWciU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
For those who have used one, How well does it track when in tracking mode- say a climbing sled? Or is the sled too fast, elevation rise to quickly?

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I don’t think it will track a climbing sled.

I have not had much success with the tracking mode except when travel on level ground at a fairly steady speed.

It does better when tracking from the side and poorly from behind.

T
Apr 11, 2018
SE WI
Have you found that you burned through a LOT of them?

I have FOUR spare props.
2 Black
2 White

No only cracked two when I flew a little to close to a tree. It happened on the first day of a week long trip in the middle of nowhere Arkansas. I was really bummed because I planned on doing a lot of playing with it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
No only cracked two when I flew a little to close to a tree. It happened on the first day of a week long trip in the middle of nowhere Arkansas. I was really bummed because I planned on doing a lot of playing with it.
Props are CHEAP.
I will get a few more!:face-icon-small-hap

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
These Mavic drones are awesome, we have four of them at work and the guys love them!!

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
I haven't flown my mavic zoom much yet. Not even enough to really know what I'm doing actually. But... last Sunday for a laugh, I tied a Coors delight to it and flew it over a mile across a corn field to my buddies front door... Not it's intended purpose I am sure, but it's pretty funny when they open their door and a beer is hovering shoulder high. I think its going to be great to have along this winter as long as the batteries hold up to the cold

Premium Features