• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to lube jackshaft bearing on '09 Dragon

N
Sep 19, 2008
McCall, ID
I just bought a used 2009 Dragon RMK. There is a label and also a note in the owner's manual to lube the jackshaft every 1000 miles. Does anyone know if you have to pull the airbox to lube it?? There is not a fitting on the flange behind the driven clutch. Any help would be great.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
I just bought a used 2009 Dragon RMK. There is a label and also a note in the owner's manual to lube the jackshaft every 1000 miles. Does anyone know if you have to pull the airbox to lube it?? There is not a fitting on the flange behind the driven clutch. Any help would be great.
MY 08 has a zert below the secondary. look directly below the bottom of the sheave of the secondary clutch on the top of the speedo sensor housing. 2 pumps..no more than 4 on the greesegun. Very tricky these Polaris Cad drawing engineers.

BTW...you can download a owners manual from the Polaris web site for free.

Last edited:
N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada

Did you mean the Jackshaft or the Driveshaft?

Driveshaft bearing is not a sealed bearing and needs to be greased as stated above by a zerk located by the speedo sensor. The Jackshaft bearing which is located directly behind the secondary is a double sealed bearing which you cannot grease.

N
Sep 19, 2008
McCall, ID
Deepdiver and Nelson -- thanks for the info. I have found and lubed the driveshaft bearing, no problem there. I was referring to the jackshaft bearing that I could not find a fitting for. If it is sealed, I won't worry about it. Thanks for the input.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If you put on more than 1500 miles... I'd replace that sukker for good insurance at the end of the season... Just my 2 cents.

If you think about it... all the HP your sled makes is supported by this little bearing that is not lube-able....

The older sleds had lower HP numbers stock AND they had a bearing you could lube... the new sleds have a lot more HP. Replace that sukka for the cost and headache avoidance if you are a hard core user of the HP your sled makes... mountain sleds are under more of a constant load than trail riders.

Last edited:
N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
MH makes a very good point. Just because it's sealed doesn't mean it's good for life. All bearings wear out and there is a considerable amount of force and load on that bearing.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
grease

I believe the edge chassis had a pin hole in the flange that lined up with a similar hole in the bearing race. You pulled the secondary off and used a needle attachment on your grease gun to lube it. I looked at a newer one with the same label and no pin hole. Yours is likely the same way so you will need to pop the seal to lube it.

Premium Features