• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

just rebuilt top end on '05 M7. What to do with oil lines?

R
Nov 29, 2007
Montana
I just rebuilt the top end on my '05 M7. Before I start it up I figured I had better find out if there is something I need to do with the oil lines. I would imagine that there is some air in ends of the lines after I connect them back up. Does anyone have any tricks I should do before I pull the cord?

I do plan on adding some oil to the gas as well.

Thanks in advance.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
I just rebuilt the top end on my '05 M7. Before I start it up I figured I had better find out if there is something I need to do with the oil lines. I would imagine that there is some air in ends of the lines after I connect them back up. Does anyone have any tricks I should do before I pull the cord?

Thanks in advance.

I usually put a couple caps of oil in the bottom of each cylinder when I put it back together along with oil in the first tank.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
you can take a straightened metal coat hanger or something similar and reach down and hook it to the oil pump lever and pull the pump up to the full flow position and start the sled and let it idle like that for a bit and that should bleed the lines

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana

Thanks in advance.

You must have pulled the engine. Dump 8-10oz of oil in the tank. Use the coat hanger trick above. Make it smoke.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I usually put a couple caps of oil in the bottom of each cylinder when I put it back together along with oil in the first tank.

That's what I've always done, but put in a couple of ounces in each side instead of just a couple cap fulls. If the motor is all back together, you can pull out your power valves and turn the crank until the piston you are doing first is up as high as you can get it, then pour in the oil slowly where the power valve goes to get in the bottom end. Do the other side and you're good to go. It will smoke like crazy for a minute or two but that will give your oil pump time to purge any air in the lines while your motor is burning all that extra oil in the bottom end.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
you can take a straightened metal coat hanger or something similar and reach down and hook it to the oil pump lever and pull the pump up to the full flow position and start the sled and let it idle like that for a bit and that should bleed the lines

This!

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I don't know about you guys but when i don't hook up the oil pump lever to the throttle bodies my oil pump stays wide open, so just dont hook up the lever and your oil pump will be on full blast lol.

Premium Features