• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coolant Heip

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
I purchased a used 2014 800 Summit. Went up for a test ride and noticed that there was no coolant in the reservoir. Came home and added about a quart of (expense) skidoo coolant. The reservoir is empty again don't know if it was already low or not. there is a different smell from the exhaust . Don't see anywhere in the trailer where anything is leaking could it be burning coolant? what is the best way to start finding the problem? I put the sled on the trailer ramp to add oil so any air could escape and planning on adding more coolant , Just don't want to waste a lot on dollars on factory OEM coolant Amy help would be great.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
My 16 never shows coolant in the reservoir. I've added it twice now, but it finds it's own level after a couple heat cycles.

Doesn't seem to be an issue and my dealer isn't concerned. They even warned me on my 14 that it would behave that way when I bought it. If you're really concerned, you can check your plugs. If you're burning coolant, they'll be the first indication.

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
Added coolant to the sled sitting on back trailer ramp found a little drip. moved the sled to level ground and found that it is dripping at the clutch side by the heat exchanger. Where to start looking for the leak?

Last edited:
S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
i have a 2015 t3, my coolant was under my sled after the first stick this past weekend. thought it was overflow from my oil...anyway kept riding, got stuck again and my engine overheat light came on when i started the sled...got it back down to the road and it went out, and my bars showing the temp dropped. got to the road and looked at the bottle, nothing in it. added 1 liter of water, and after 30 minutes the bottle was empty again. heat would rise and fall depending on if i was on throttle or not...

took it to the dealer...

dealer said my bottle was warped and my cap was warped as well...getting them replaced under warranty...

personally, they didn't look bad, but we will see if that was the real issue or not when i get it back.

Premium Features