• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Idle jet?

T
Mar 5, 2008
I know guys this not right section, but thought would get the most views. Got a AC 570 that I started mixing the oil and gas cuz of seizing twice and the problem I'm having is the idle jet keeps plugging up. Was wondering if can drill out the jet a little bigger cuz the oil keeps plugging it up. Am mixing it 40:1.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Is it only when it sits all summer that the jet plugs or does it do it when running? If when running you have other problems like dirty fuel, try a new fuel filter. Most sleds before about 1980 required premix and they did not have issues with oil plugging the pilot jets. If you drill it out it will make the engine run too rich at low speed. If it is only plugging the jet when sitting in warm weather for a while try adding stabil to your gas tank and then start the sled and let it idle for 5 minutes or so every couple weeks.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
another plug for ?

Couple of things to check out.

1. if you seized the engine twice, mostly likely something is plugging a main jet. and causing seizures.

2 what ever is plugging your main jet is likely plugging your pilotjet/idle jet.

3. many of these 570 were close to tooo lean out of the box. if you run this sled slighlty lean with a full sized rider with low octane pump gas you are asking for trouble, dry seized piston.

Just this afternoon I stopped at a bon fire to shoot the chit with a big family of riders. Most all cat guys on new iron, well except one 8 year old on a 570 fan. He has seized it several times riding up real slow through the trees hard packed trail full of moguls at 1/16 throttle. Needs a bigger pilot jet and needle raised one notch.

Premium Features