• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

well guys how long do you guys think it will be before a ride

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Between Thanksgiving and second week of December, don't think I've ever gone later than that.

Heck, there's 15 inches on some mountains right now. One good snowstorm, and it's on.

A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
tried to do a road ride today....just enough...need way more...looks like BC is the place to go.

Up Higher
IMG_4674.jpg

good1.jpg

good2.jpg

Where we unloaded
good3.jpg

good5.jpg

heading north

It's looking like more snow is coming @ brundage for the weekend-hopefully it sticks around. We're heading north to lookout pass for the weekend, they have 17" of snow and more coming the rest of the week, should be a good road ride.

A

addam27

Dec 9, 2008
lookout area directions

I am considering going to lookout this weekend for a road ride as well. I will be coming from Missoula MT. what exit do I get off, where do you park? I have never ridden lookout, but it is the closest snow right now. Thanks.

Derick

parking lot

We usually take the taft exit on the montana side, I'm pretty sure it is the first exit coming from Idaho, it's been a couple years since i've rode there. When you exit you'll take a right if your heading east (left if coming west) and you'll see a state shed/gravel yard and you unload right in that parking lot-I'm sure you'll see other rigs there (at least mine ha-ha). The trail is right behind the gravel yard and there's a small bridge just down from the parking lot, cross the bridge and it will take you up the mountain.

Last edited:
A

addam27

Dec 9, 2008
thx drew

Thanks Drew, I appreciate it. I think I am going up there tomorrow, If I do I will post some pics tomorrow night. If all is well up there, I might be back on saturday.

Derick

A

addam27

Dec 9, 2008
rode lookout today

I got off at taft area exit, and had to go past the gravel lot, and under the underpass for about a mile before unloading. There is no snow on the ground at the exit, but dont be deceived, much better on top. I think the lookout snotel is pretty accurate, there was enough snow to get my 550 trail with a 136 stuck a few times. Definetly worth the trip, looks like more snow on the way, but watch out for crap underneath.

Derick

Premium Features