• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled will not hold it's RPM

D
Jan 16, 2019
Hey everyone I'm running a 2018 Freeride 137 1.75 track sea elevation with a Jaws shark Pipe 23/45 gearing stock clutching, I'm on clicker 3/4/5 currently on 4 the sled.will hit 8000rpm from.a dead stop but drops off quick, and when you drive for a bit a squeeze it's only hitting 7300-7400 and drops, im not to familiar with the clutch in world so any help would be great.

How many miles? I would see my old XPs and Revs do as you described when secondary spring was cashed out. Put a new one in and WOT would hold and no fade. Cheap place to start anyway. But I would go thru both clutches and measure your alignment of them. New Xps would have inconsistent rpms when they were out of alignment, which they all were.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
The primary clutch spring is a yellow/blue 120/300
Normally you just want to raise the final force of the spring to something like a 120/350 but there is no such spring.

120 is the start of shift
300 is the end of the shift (maximum speed)

...want to go to a xxx/350 to raise engine speed or prevent engine speed from lowering.

The point is to raise the final force of the spring to prevent rpms drifting low as you approach top speed.

The very next spring with a higher final force than the 120/300 is a blue/purple (150/350) #417224168

Just now you'll have about 250 rpms higher engagement speed because of the 150 start. But it will be the same engagement speed as an 850 trail sled.

Dont do anything to the clutching except change the primary clutch spring to a higher end force (blue/purple) and go drive the sled.

D
Jan 16, 2019
There is 3400 miles on the sled, it was doing it with the stock pipe setup as well, some days it seems to be A1 and then others it is complete dog poo, I think I'm going to start with maybe a new spring and maybe different helix. I put a 27 tooth top gear in it to get some more top speed but I lost my mid range snap and I'm trying to get that back. Also I had the dealer align the clutches as I was having belt issues the first year.

Last edited:

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
I had the same problem on mine. Changed the belt, didn't help until after the new belt was broke in. Which I thought was strange. But after a half a day of riding I was hitting RPM's again. I wouldn't think your belt is shot at 400 miles, but it might be worth a try.

Premium Features