• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

155 3" axys question

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
I can get a good deal on a 2016 155 3" chaincase.
I never riddin one. Or axys for that matter. Hows it compare to 2.6 belt drive. Mostly ride on powder days or a day or two or three after. Just wondering maybe I should hold out for belt drive.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
belt drives spool a little quicker, chain drives are a little stronger I think its more of a preference as I know people that have ran a 3in track with the belt and hade little to no problems. I prefer a chain but that's just my preference because I run a turbo. if I was going to run a belt I would grab a aftermarket setup, TKI probably ben told that they are tough as nails and others have ran them boosted with great success. as far as the 2.6 or the 3in that depends on what you are looking for,3in hooks up better on the powder days but the lugs tear off a little easier, I boondock a lot witch leads me to abuse a track a bit {running over downed trees, ice ledges on creek beds or the occasional bolder} witch is why I went with the 2.6, it has a good bite and seems to hold up to the abuse a bit better. so don't be afraid of the chain case even with it you will be on a sled that's lighter than any other brand on the market :D !good luck!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The drive system is really irreverent, more just deciding which track width makes more sense for you.

Yes, the belt drive and light 2.6 track definately spins up a hair quicker, but overall they are both really similar.

The 2.6 is an amazing all around track, great for moderate snow to deeper pow. It does give up a little in the Deeper wet powder.

The 3" always tends to be the king of the deep snow, especially wetter NW powder.

I would go with whatever you find a good deal on. 99% of guys would have a riot on either sled. Get what is more affordable and enjoy the heck out of it.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I had a 16 sks and a 16 pro both 2.6 155's there was difference jumping back and forth between them the belt drive sled felt lighter and more responsive.

I now run a 163 3" on the stock belt drive with pro gears and luv it. I have since bought all belt drive sleds.

I'm not a big air or jumping guy so no trouble for me maybe go chain if your worried about strength.

Premium Features