• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear float shock with Hygear dual pressure kit worth it?

06cfsnopro7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Rochester MN
Has anyone used a hygear dual pressure kit on a rear track shock. I am 240 lbs and looking for more bottom out resistance. This will be on a 2015 153.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Technically you'll actually get LESS bottoming resistance at a given pressure with that setup. They and the evols don't ramp up more, they do the opposite. Right when you start getting to the point where you'll get a pneumatic bottom out, the second air piston lets loose and equalizes, then allowing more travel. But you'll probably end up running the shocks at higher pressures and get more functional travel out of them. I haven't used that those specfically but I did do something similar to my 2010 with Float 2s. The normal chamber fox shocks are way too small of an air chamber volume, so they ramp up too hard, resulting in everyone running them at too low a pressure so that they work off the top and around the sag point.

Those things look awesome IMO. I wish I'd known about them when I was messing with the suspension on my 2010. The description on their webpage is about as good an explanation as you could get.

https://www.hygearsuspension.com/collections/dual-pressure

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
How do these compare cost wise to the evo chambers? Is this a cheaper, simpler method reaching the same goal as installing evo chambers?

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
"The Dual Pressure reservoirs are a simple bolt on version with higher chamber volume than the Evol. Both Dual Pressure and Evol allow the rider to adjust their ride height and bottoming pressure."

Slightly higher cost, slightly better result.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

06cfsnopro7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Rochester MN
Thanks guys for the opinions. I have a hygear dual pressure kit on the way. I will get to try it out between Christmas and New Years in Steamboat Springs Colorado. Hope for good early season snow. I will reports back with my thoughts on it.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
Changing out the rear arm from stock to HyGears for clearance takes a bit of wiggling, but is well worth the time for the improved ride! Tell us what air pressures you settle on for ride height and bottoming. Remember to fill the aux chambers first, then the mains, always with weight off the skid. Cheers

Premium Features