• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weighed the 17 MC with few mods

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
17 Mountain Cat 153 with Jaws pipe kit, PCV, TKI belt drive with oil injection and BMFab boards. Came in at 536.6 full of fuel and oil as well. Was hoping it would be around 520-525 when done but oh well I guess

No idea why it's posting pics sideways

image.jpg

Last edited:

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
didn't madmax weigh his full of fluids at 547? So you lost 11lbs with a full pipe set and a belt drive? Someone has a bad scale.

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
I probably should have put it on the scale when I got it but didn't. I did add the boards which add a little weight as well. Buddies Axys weighed 517 full of fluids stock on this scale and he has it at 498 ready to ride after mods. Believe it to be accurate.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I probably should have put it on the scale when I got it but didn't. I did add the boards which add a little weight as well. Buddies Axys weighed 517 full of fluids stock on this scale and he has it at 498 ready to ride after mods. Believe it to be accurate.

Jaws can?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

-15 skinz hood
-10 conquer 280
-2 bdx jackshaft
-2 gripper skis

507 - factor the extra gas the PC holds over the axis and you'd be pretty close to your buddies sled. With a lot invested to get there....:)

Unfortunately AC has a lot heavier motor to deal with but will take that penalty all day long.

Last edited:

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
Debating hood but the Helium is ugly, does look fair in green. The Mountain Fit has horrible fit problems and ices up. Any reviews on the Skinz hood? No way I will give up this track, the rest is minor. There are a few other things yet I can strip off. I'm fine with it, the sled can way out do what I can make it do anyways!

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
Yes, full pipe kit. On a 13 the can alone weighed over 21lbs. The 17 weighs 16 so the weight loss they were getting is now way off. Never did weigh the pipe but they are a little different as well so they might have dropped a little weight too.

bkm20x

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Arnolds Park, IA
Debating hood but the Helium is ugly, does look fair in green. The Mountain Fit has horrible fit problems and ices up. Any reviews on the Skinz hood? No way I will give up this track, the rest is minor. There are a few other things yet I can strip off. I'm fine with it, the sled can way out do what I can make it do anyways!

Can you elaborate on the iceing up you had with the Mt. Fit hood?
Thanks

T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
Full jaws pipe kit w/race can, boss seat, mtn fit hood, tki belt drive (MC conversion) this is with 4 gallons of gas in sled. Added weight from b&m skinny boards, ice age bomber rails and c&a skis so sled could have been even lighter! Still need to put on racewerx bumper

On a side note...mtn fit hood actually fits pretty mint, install wasn't to bad just time consuming for sure.

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
Mountain Fit hood is 11lb loss, not sure what the Boss seat is. So full of fuel you would be just under 500lbs ready to ride. Where is the rest of the weight loss from?

Premium Features