• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

trails west trailer owners

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
just looking for the good & bad as iam looking at one right now,cant find allot of info on them there website sucks.from what i have been able to read they are very well built.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
They're expensive!

Talk to bostonracing. He was telling me about an issue where the heater would melt snow/ice and then would accumulate at the back of the trailer and freeze up in the beaver tail section.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Send that pm to me if you could too. I'm looking at a 28' bumper pull burandt snow check.

done. lmk if you want more info

They're expensive!

Talk to bostonracing. He was telling me about an issue where the heater would melt snow/ice and then would accumulate at the back of the trailer and freeze up in the beaver tail section.

they do. we had a good 4" solid sheet build up on one long drive back after the heater ran out or propane.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Just got a burandt snow check edition bumper pull and they are super expensive. It was 17900. I have only pulled it home and it has been parked so I won't know how well the heater works until we use it. I have my doubts on whether it will dry too much with all the moisture that will be in there. Seems like you would need some air flow to me. We'll see. As far as the drain holes plugging, I could see that if it was cold. They sprayed the bottom of them with spray foam.
I swore I was getting an aluminum framed trailer because the steel ones look so ratty after a year or two but they diamond plated the frame where it is visible. It also has diamond plate 4 feet up on the nose. My charmac was only 2 and it shows. They also riveted diamond plate on the bottom of the sides instead of that crappy trim strip with the vynal strip in the middle that has come of my charmac and my camper. The exterior is awesome. The way they wrapped the corners, walk in door, and fuel doors is light years ahead of mine and all the other trailers I've looked at. No more crappy extrusion that is trimming them all out. They also use way better weather stripping around the doors. The exterior has no screws. As long as they didn't use the same glue polaris used on their driveshafts it will be ok. Locks are already on the doors so I don't have to put padlocks on. The lighting inside is awesome. It has ez glides but I will still run slp ski slips otherwise the doors will get hammered. It also has clear plastic over the hinges to keep stuff out. That will be nice. Hinges are wound in the door. I like no cables but they will lose tension over time. That is what my charmac has.
I have never tied sleds down but I might have to. The front sleds are going to slide back and the back sleds are going to slide forward with the floor design. Floor tie downs seem spaced wrong for that. It is nice having a lower ramp angle though.
The trailer has:
4 windows
heated helmet cabinet and one unheated
heated glove box with heat coming out the top for boots.
heated coat rack
stereo
plug in outside to plug generator
suburban heater with timer, 2-20 pound bottles on the nose
2 plugins, I believe
3 or 4 led lights down the middle, can't remember
1 shelf above coat rack. battery also sits up there
black poly bead floor with tie downs and ez glides

Powder Man

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2009
Kennewick wa
Trailers are getting crazy expensive, but not out of line as a similar mirage is the same price. I've got an 07 mirage right now that's been a good trailer, I'm just wanting to upgrade to something with all the new amenities as adding them to my current trailer is at least $2500-3000 in parts alone and I still have a 7 year old trailer.
I heard polaris trailers built by mission is coming out with a Dan Adams edition and it might be worth a look too. All the rust talk has me taking a second look at aluminum framed trailers.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
While they may not be perfect, I don't know of any that are. I am pretty happy with mine and love the changes they made for the 14's. They have accommodated me with most of the requests for service and changes over the last few months that I have owned it.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO

they do. we had a good 4" solid sheet build up on one long drive back after the heater ran out or propane.

I'd like to know what you think about these trailers as well, care to forward the PM to me, too? Thanks.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO

I don't have a trails west, but that will happen with any heated/insulated trailer if you don't have a drain plug in the beaver tail or something. that happened to mine in west yellowstone 2 seasons ago, I wound up having to chip it all out with a shovel. Best thing to do is, if you're pulling snowy sleds in then cranking the heater on, go out and broom the water out on a regular basis ... Probably not a real good way to prevent this if you want the trailer to be nice and sealed up tight

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I don't have a trails west, but that will happen with any heated/insulated trailer if you don't have a drain plug in the beaver tail or something. that happened to mine in west yellowstone 2 seasons ago, I wound up having to chip it all out with a shovel. Best thing to do is, if you're pulling snowy sleds in then cranking the heater on, go out and broom the water out on a regular basis ... Probably not a real good way to prevent this if you want the trailer to be nice and sealed up tight

From what I've seen something like this can be fixed by running the drain plates/heating all the way back to the door. I talked to a Trails West guy at the snow show and he said they are now available this way.

I have an old 2002 Haulmark. Nothing fancy but I can't swing $18k for a new trailer. They sure look sweet at the snow show though.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Just got a burandt snow check edition bumper pull and they are super expensive. It was 17900. I have only pulled it home and it has been parked so I won't know how well the heater works until we use it. I have my doubts on whether it will dry too much with all the moisture that will be in there. Seems like you would need some air flow to me. We'll see. As far as the drain holes plugging, I could see that if it was cold. They sprayed the bottom of them with spray foam.
I swore I was getting an aluminum framed trailer because the steel ones look so ratty after a year or two but they diamond plated the frame where it is visible. It also has diamond plate 4 feet up on the nose. My charmac was only 2 and it shows. They also riveted diamond plate on the bottom of the sides instead of that crappy trim strip with the vynal strip in the middle that has come of my charmac and my camper. The exterior is awesome. The way they wrapped the corners, walk in door, and fuel doors is light years ahead of mine and all the other trailers I've looked at. No more crappy extrusion that is trimming them all out. They also use way better weather stripping around the doors. The exterior has no screws. As long as they didn't use the same glue polaris used on their driveshafts it will be ok. Locks are already on the doors so I don't have to put padlocks on. The lighting inside is awesome. It has ez glides but I will still run slp ski slips otherwise the doors will get hammered. It also has clear plastic over the hinges to keep stuff out. That will be nice. Hinges are wound in the door. I like no cables but they will lose tension over time. That is what my charmac has.
I have never tied sleds down but I might have to. The front sleds are going to slide back and the back sleds are going to slide forward with the floor design. Floor tie downs seem spaced wrong for that. It is nice having a lower ramp angle though.
The trailer has:
4 windows
heated helmet cabinet and one unheated
heated glove box with heat coming out the top for boots.
heated coat rack
stereo
plug in outside to plug generator
suburban heater with timer, 2-20 pound bottles on the nose
2 plugins, I believe
3 or 4 led lights down the middle, can't remember
1 shelf above coat rack. battery also sits up there
black poly bead floor with tie downs and ez glides

It sounds like we both have about the exact same trailer. Do you know how many BTUs the furnace is? I can't find it in any of the literature or on the furnace itself.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Mine is the 28' bumper pull, it's a bit smaller inside and I wonder if they'd put the same BTU furnace in it?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Had plenty of time to poke and prod the TW trailer this weekend at the SnowShow.

Of all the trailers I have seen, they have to be the most structurally sound of any of them.

There is just no doubt whatsoever that this company comes from making HORSE TRAILERS and knows how to use metal to make their trailers STRONG and DURABLE.

Fit and Finish on the frame and trailer were simply TOP NOTCH.

The only thing that made me chuckle were the cabinets inside.
Clearly these guys are still learning the fine art of cabinetry !:face-icon-small-hap

They were just not up to the standard of the rest of the trailer "YET".
But from what I heard from their reps that will be solved very soon now as they roll out a new line of cabinets that are much beefier.

If I was looking for a goose-neck trailer, and could afford it, I would have NO hesitation at all about buying one of theirs.!

If taken care of, that trailer could last you a decade or two easy.

Premium Features