• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Inside Your Trailer

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Ah, and the black cabinet above the fold out bench thingy is actually from Harbor Freight...it's a great little cabinet and holds cans/bottles/little plastic trays awesome. It's a great deal from Harbor Freight actually.

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
Ok I just bought a 30K BTU Suburban furnace and I'm just looking for ideas on how you guys ducted and what you have used for your ducted work? Thanks, also bought a Converter too. Who as ran a battery back up system.

N
Dec 14, 2011
Ok I just bought a 30K BTU Suburban furnace and I'm just looking for ideas on how you guys ducted and what you have used for your ducted work? Thanks, also bought a Converter too. Who as ran a battery back up system.

Which converter did you end up with? I'm looking at adding this to my trailer so I have more 12V circuits, 120V converter, and built in charging capability.

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
Which converter did you end up with? I'm looking at adding this to my trailer so I have more 12V circuits, 120V converter, and built in charging capability.

I just picked up a WFCO 3 stage power converter/ battery charger. It says it 35/45/55 amp depending on the setting. There one on EBay right now for $127. I got mine from and RV dealer. I'm going to be hooking up my new furnace, lights, radio, electric Jack and 12V lights for now.

Last edited:
C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Holy crap your trailers are big, id crap myself trying too pull those into the mtns !

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
Ok hooking up a stereo system in the trailer now, I'm looking for tips from people who have already done this. Plan on doin a Alpine Deck and 4 door speakers and 2 6-9s then 2 10in subs and 2 Amps.

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
My only regret with my stereo, is I didn't get a drop down screen for watching DVDs on. Ipod plug in on head unit is mandatory. I have 2 amps, 6 6x9s and 2 12" subs. Nice sound at low or high levels.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Built mine into the front cabinet...

IMG_0030.jpg

If your trailer has a roof cove it's pretty easy to build your speakers directly into that...

IMG_0028.jpg

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
My only regret with my stereo, is I didn't get a drop down screen for watching DVDs on. Ipod plug in on head unit is mandatory. I have 2 amps, 6 6x9s and 2 12" subs. Nice sound at low or high levels.

Yeah I've heard from a couple ppl to put a screen in. What size amps did you run for all your stuff? And did you use Marina or auto amps?

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
Anyone else have any pointers when installing a stereo in a trailer?

Or any sweet new products are cool or must haves for inside your trailers?

wiseguy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2009
I mounted my stereo in a custom box that swings on the wall by the door. That way if you are hanging out outside, you can swing it facing the door so that is accessible. Or you can swing it towards the center of the trailer if you are hanging out watching the TV or sitting on the fold down bench/bed. I also put 1 speaker on the door, so that when the door is open the sound is directed out side.

IMGP0946.jpg IMGP1244.jpg IMGP0933.jpg

T
Nov 9, 2011
A little off topic but does anyone know where a guy could get a 20ft ish goose neck inclosed trailer. I'm not a fan of bumper hitch but that's all I see. Just need it long enough for 4 long tracks sleds.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
try this
suburban 40k with diamond plate hanging case
menards steel upper cabs with locks
menards lower cab with wheels and custom mount for 40in led tv pioneer dvd am fm cd etc etc
2 batteries peek brand charger peek brand 900watt converter volt and amp gauge mounted above stereo for ez visual
12v fuse panel in stereo cab 120v circuit breakers in v
drop down bunks 7in folded on wall/drop down couch bed combo 7in on wall
will post finished picks mon

IMG098trailer.jpg

Last edited:
E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
few more
8.5w 20 +5ft v
we went with a ext door with propane hook up in door have a 100lb tank on a dolly if just doing a night at the track u can just hook up a 20lb bbq tank.u can see in pic 1 ans 2 the red strap on the wall under cab that is where the 100lb goes when traveling then just roll down the ramp on the dolly when camping
went this way so if we run out on hill we dont have to bring whole rig down for propane.
used 1 in celotex in walls 1.5 roof spray foam in big tubes
made some pressure fit celotex insulated fender covers for camping.
used a handicapped shower bar on side door to hang on to when wind is whipping and to hang towels etc on
cheep wire shelf upside down works well lots of places to bungie junk down and hang gear on
6x9 speakers in 80s jacked up camaro black felt back window boxes bolted to ceiling 6in in fr in roof
still have to hang 700watt micro and 1500 watt counter top convection oven that will fit a 14in pizza
building a stand for direct tv dish so I can grab a house box and watch HBO at 9750ft
think we have seen every dvd we own 5 times
still waiting on a guy to pull through with the floor planing on using sport court self draining plastic tile
the suburban heat case is diamond plate bent in a u and screwed to side of ceiling joist holes drilled for vent 2 screws and unit will slide out if repair is needed. $40 bucks nice cover for the money
the other thing guys dont think about is rear crank down jacks 3 guys walking around is way nicer if trailer in not bouncing around.1 day is ok buy 3 or 4 days gets old

IMG126 trailer 2.jpg IMG128 trailer 3.jpg IMG129 trailer 4.jpg

Last edited:
J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
Now EZRA thats wat Im talking about a trailer you can chase snow storms in! I just finished hooking up are stereo today, one alpine head unit 4 kicker speakers(2 6X9's and 2 6.5 comp speakers with tweeters) and im trying to decide between a Infinity Basslink, or a 10in puch P2 with an 350watt Amp. Then hopefully get the Furnace up and running this weekend! Will post pictures soon after we get it finished and cleaned up.

Premium Features