• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cooke city trip feb 12-19 room for 2

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
We are going to cooke city for a week in February. i had 2 people back out and have room for 2 in the truck and our cabin, staying at the antlers.

i have an enclosed trailer and new 11 ford crew cab diesel so plenty of comfort.
leaving north east iowa friday night the 11th and coming home saturday morning the 19th.

feel free to pm me for my number and we can talk details.

D

dsmitty166

Dec 26, 2008
NW, Iowa
I'd be interested. Never been to cooke...how is it? I'm not sure if I can miss a week of college however! What do you figure expenses would run?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Cooke is steep and deep riding. not a lot of trails it is 99% back country riding.
we are what i call medium aggressive riders kind of hardcore been going to cooke for over 10 years
long track sleds only, 144 or longer. we get up early and like to be on the mountain by 8-830
usually head back to town around 3 or so don't like being on the mountain at night.

cost will vary depends on how many go for sure. but fuel should be 190-240 round trip each, total fuel should be around 270 gallons so at 3.33 a gallon total fuel should be around 900 and the
room should be about 280 each for the week again depends on how many go. we are staying in a cabin that sleeps 6 it is 1200 for the week. there are 2 guys that are meeting us out
there for a few days that will get the cost down a bit. we usually burn 8-10 gallons of fuel a day and gas will probably be around 4 bucks a gallon out there. figure 20 a day for food.

Premium Features