• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

twin Axis

H
Feb 21, 2009
Ontario
So I had the hawk out and running some bush trails over the holidays. I have to say the more I ride it the more I love it. I am getting more confident at leaning it right over. Right at the peak of my confidence I ended up with zero steering in a sharp up hill corner. the next thing I knew I was looking at the ditch thinking THIS IS GOING TO HURT. I came to rest on my shoulder in some soft snow, the Hawk about 100ft up the hill in the same ditch. Once I dusted myself off I noticed that the rear stud in the axis mount sheared of causing me to bail. Has anyone had this happen? Could it be from running it too lose? Does anyone have the plate and bushings that they would like to sell?

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
There was a recall on those bolts, the threaded end was to long (shank not long enough) and they were having issues breaking. If you call ADB you may be able to get new bolts. Being it was a recall they should stand behind it, Within warranty period or not.

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
I think I've got what you need, but you'd probably get it much sooner by just calling ADBoivin. It could be at your door in 2 days.

Cailin, from the orange ski you want from me, do you need the mounting plate or can I sell that to Himagain?

D
Feb 9, 2009
prince george B.C.
just get stronger bolts and have some one weld them on for ya

2nd that,on my second ride was going through an old clearcut ,hit a stump with that snow tracker on and it bent everything,took it all apart one of the bolts was bent just cut the weld and matched the bolt with a new one and tacked it in,easiest part,then I had to hammer the plate straight ,then had to hammer the mount ,that was about an half hour on the mount with a 10lb sledge to get it all straight ,I thought I would need to replace it all but it turned out good...

H
Feb 21, 2009
Ontario
called ADB and had the parts in under 24hrs...

I would have fixed the old one but I lost all the bushings and washers... so just decided to start fresh... besides I messed up the mounting plate trying to get to old welds off so I could fix it enough to ride the hawk back to civilization....

Premium Features