• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 apex mountain gearing

F
Nov 27, 2007
yea x2...... need some alternatives to get this thing going up hill better... I just cant justify spending 7g's on a turbo....... clutching???? gearing? exhaust?

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Gear down one tooth on the top gear from a 20T to a 19T and give Hartman Inc a call for clutching. Save up for some light weight parts like the rear skid, seat and exhaust.

My sled had all that done and a little more before the turbo and it was a blast to ride.

A
May 7, 2009
I am starting this year with my 07 Apex MTX, going to a 19/42 gearing and as others have said a must is to call Tom Hartman of Hartman inc. I just got my new setup for my Apex and it is a very nice setup. Will let you know how it works when the snow flies. I also have a Camo Extreme 174"x16"x2.5" going under before the season. Tom will build the clutching to you, and the mods you have done. I have never had anything bad to say about what he has told me and sold me.

N
Dec 26, 2007
Does the 19/42 gearing work with the stock chain of a Apex Mountain? If not how many link chain is needed? Anybody have riding experience with the 19/42 setup? I am sure the sled will have lots of low-end grunt but does the top-end suffer alot and feel like it is over reving? Does clutching need to be changed with the 19/42 gears?

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
I run 174 2.5 inch gears are 18/43 they work great !!! 3000 miles no issues at all I tried 17/43 also..worked better but to small agear for sure. 43 lower fits but u gouua trim the rubber gasket at the bottom. 17 fits but u gotta cut the upper nut and spacer to clear chain links where it wraps around gear.slad still runs 85 or so with proper clutching my sled is minus 94 pounds also. timbersled ect ect ect the yz450 battery in seat works GREAT BTW starts at -20 haha

19/42 is a no brainer they should come this way for sure :beer;:beer;:beer;

oh also I set clutches at 10,800 on flat hard pack and go from there..shockwave helix is amazing to use to..ride in make first pull note rpms change in 3 seconds if needed

Last edited:
Premium Features