• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carfax

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
the one thing about doing the search is it will only show damages that were repaired by an insurance claim. if the vehicle was damaged and not repaired under a insurance claim it will not show up on the carfax. have several customers over the years decide to buy a car before having it inspected because the carfax showed it was never damaged. only to find out after the purchase that some major repairs have been done. never use a carfax instead of an inspection from a qualified mechanic!!!

H
Nov 26, 2007
Close to Mountains
the one thing about doing the search is it will only show damages that were repaired by an insurance claim. if the vehicle was damaged and not repaired under a insurance claim it will not show up on the carfax. have several customers over the years decide to buy a car before having it inspected because the carfax showed it was never damaged. only to find out after the purchase that some major repairs have been done. never use a carfax instead of an inspection from a qualified mechanic!!!

This is very true. I bought a truck from Watt's auto outside Salt Lake city. Got Carfax and Autocheck, the listing on their website and my paperwork said dealer inspected. What a bunch of Bull Chit that was. Had been crashed and fixed at Chrysler dealer in Vegas and transfer case went out in 600 miles. Truck only had 38,000 miles on it. WORST people I have ever dealt with (Hunter and owner Eric) and I've bought over a 50 cars and trucks over the years.
Be very very careful with these guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

R
Nov 26, 2007
Hamilton, MT
I have owned this truck for almost two years and i have had doubts that it has been wrecked and know im thinking that may hve had water damage cause my lights are going out every where all my radio, steering wheel and some dash gauges and this truck is a 2006.

Premium Features