• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit 850 dies when i throttle it

T
2018 summit 850 with silber, when idling if you give if throttle it will die, if you lightly ( and i mean extremely light) you can eventually get it to come up to like1500 rpm then it runs fine, but at an idle it doesn't want to move, any ideas?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
2018 summit 850 with silber, when idling if you give if throttle it will die, if you lightly ( and i mean extremely light) you can eventually get it to come up to like1500 rpm then it runs fine, but at an idle it doesn't want to move, any ideas?

Check pipe sensor? Will idle but not move with it out.

Last edited:
T
fixed!

Adjusted my throttle cable, pulled injector plugs and checked, reeds are good, unplugged pipe sensors and checked plugs, got back together and runs perfect. Unsure of cause but put 150miles on this weekend all good,

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
We had a 850 do this a few weeks ago. It had snow stuck in the throttle flipper. We thought we were towing it back. A guy jump on the sled and flipped the throttle a few times. Starts up and it was back to normal. No idea if that actually was the problem but it fixed it for us.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Premium Features