• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Removable snow flap reviews?

D
Dec 4, 2016
My absolute favorite feature of the removable snowflap has to be when tree riding and I need to reverse it does not suck under the track. I reverse in the trees probably way more now that it is a option. My sled is a 165 3" and reversing in the trees without a snowflap is ridiculously easy.

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
I like mine and if we continue to have powder days like we've been getting it's going to live in the truck until spring.:face-icon-small-ton

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
My absolute favorite feature of the removable snowflap has to be when tree riding and I need to reverse it does not suck under the track. I reverse in the trees probably way more now that it is a option. My sled is a 165 3" and reversing in the trees without a snowflap is ridiculously easy.

Or drill a hole or two in the bottom of the flap and use a bunjie when you want to back up.

E
Jul 23, 2008
I've been running the flap for a season now and find no drawbacks to it. Better in the powder going forward, reverse and stuck. I find the 850s cooling better then the xm and axys so I did cut the very bottom off as well. Doesn't get caught off the deck. I do leave it on for trails mostly bc the 3" track spitting at everyone.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Works great. I clip it on the Doo waterproof expandable tunnel bag on top of my shovel. Easy.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i always trailer without flap attached so i don't have to remember to remove it before backing off the trailer.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Luv it , freight with it to and from the cabin . Got to the parking area once this winter and everything was buried . Asked to borrow the G4 pulled the flap rammed in a trail alongside the pickup and trailer in reverse that took a couple of runs . Drove the other sled in with the freight sled to unload in the pickup and backed out . You have no idea how many years I've been in that same situation of fighting to unload in a buried parking lot .

Attachments

• IMG_20200322_113956580.jpg
    IMG_20200322_113956580.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 44
D
Mar 23, 2010
Boulder, CO
I cut mine with a skill saw. the upper mont seems flimsy, and more to hang up on than just removing.

A good plan might to simply remove the original, then epoxy some ny lock nuts behind the tunnel and use thumb screws to reinstall.

Mine stays in thegarge, unless its spring temps out.

Alphas seem to throw more snow ice balls on the trail than anything else I've followed, with or without a flap, and there are three in our group some days. Not that we spend much time on the trail, but my son got towed out by one, and there was not a single ice free cavity anywhere on his sled.

Premium Features