• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thoughts of the Boss seat on a Proclimb

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Bumping this up.

How much storage is in that thing? Anything close to stock?

I'm looking for a lower seat for my 16 LTD that has some storage and this looks like about the only option.
the seat posted above don't have much storage but I love it! im a shorter guy and its so easy to get the hop overs done now :) also you can buy a cat bag from cat country well worth 100.00$

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
the seat posted above don't have much storage but I love it! im a shorter guy and its so easy to get the hop overs done now :) also you can buy a cat bag from cat country well worth 100.00$

Thanks for chiming in.

Big enough for just the tool kit/bag and a folded belt?

I'm in the same boat (can't reach the top shelf), and it is a bit much to quickly move side to side without some serious leg lift. The stock seat is also kind of slippery when it gets deep, so it's not like you can use a lot of leverage against it.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Thanks for chiming in.

Big enough for just the tool kit/bag and a folded belt?

I'm in the same boat (can't reach the top shelf), and it is a bit much to quickly move side to side without some serious leg lift. The stock seat is also kind of slippery when it gets deep, so it's not like you can use a lot of leverage against it.

tool kit that's about it, also my boss seat is slick! but I still wouldn't go back to the stock seat being 5' 6" im a short dude but the boss seat works for me very well

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
the seat looks good too
face-icon-small-cool.gif

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
tool kit that's about it, also my boss seat is slick! but I still wouldn't go back to the stock seat being 5' 6" im a short dude but the boss seat works for me very well

I'm only two inches taller but if you're happy with it, that tells me enough. Slick is okay as long as it's not in the way. In the way AND slick is kind of getting on my nerves.

Thanks man!

C
Aug 6, 2016
Cedaredge,co
Madmax,
Which old stype are you recommending? I have an 2014 M8000 LTD 153 Black/Orange sled. If it matters mine is not an electric start. Thank you for your help I appreciate it.

Think he's referring to electric start sleds, have the longer gas tank and seat. Basically what's on the turbo m1100s.

On the 2013 m800 I had it had the shorter/lighter mountain seat, and I was sitting on the back of the seat with knees plastered into the sled when on the trail.

Sporting a 2012 m1100t this year and it has the longer seat, which for me is good.

C
Aug 6, 2016
Cedaredge,co
I know bdx sells a lot of there brand new take offs, tank and seat offerings, I do t know that they mod electric start sleds, might get lucky.

Checked bdx real quick, and looks like all shorties.

eBay you can get a seat and tank for right around 200 bucks

Last edited:

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Boss seat

I love the boss seat with storage that I put on my 2012 M1100T.
It's better than the stock seat.
I relocated the battery under the hood by the muffler.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I've noticed my seat on my 14 is becoming very very soft. This weekend especially for some reason. My bars are low, if I sit, I feel like I'm riding a chopper. When it was firm, I liked the height. For those that have tried all 3 or both, how's the '16 seat feel compared to the '14-compared to the Boss? I don't really want to go lower than stock, I don't have problems getting around it while standing and moving around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

AbnRangerM7

Nov 22, 2008
Michigan
I also really like the seat that came on my 2016 M800 LTD

Is the limited seat longer than the short snopro seat? Or is it the same seat length with more storage sewn on the back? Hard to tell from pictures
I have a 2016 snopro and am so tall that my a$$ keeps sliding off the back!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Is the limited seat longer than the short snopro seat? Or is it the same seat length with more storage sewn on the back? Hard to tell from pictures
I have a 2016 snopro and am so tall that my a$$ keeps sliding off the back!

The seat is longer but I think it's just the taper off the back. You get more storage but not really more butt room.

Premium Features