• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'17 Snowcheck - What to do...

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
How do you plan on adjusting the oil pump? Its electric now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

See, there's another thing I didn't know. Was it electric this year too because there's a thread or two where guys said they did this on their current sleds? Maybe they meant the '15 Pro's?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Your list looks pretty solid. These sleds are incredible out of the box. On our shop build we kept it simple so far. Its a 155 2.6.

Unit 6 Ti Can. Loud but LIGHT. 3# IIRC.
Hillclimb braces - These things have taken an impressive beating and the rails are still straight.
New rear bumper (coming out this summer) I broke the carbon one the first day I took it out.
Offset axle and 9" wheels. Who doesn't like bling?

It could really use some upgraded shocks, or springs at least. I felt like I was going to snap the sled in half bottoming it out so hard when jumping it 100+ feet in spring snow.

We try to keep the sled stock and no change things until they break, good opportunity to see what needs attention and what holds up. I have always been a polaris critic/hater, but If i went out and bought one today, I would be hard pressed to buy anything but the AXYS. It just works.

Nick - IceAge

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Your list looks pretty solid. These sleds are incredible out of the box. On our shop build we kept it simple so far. Its a 155 2.6.

Unit 6 Ti Can. Loud but LIGHT. 3# IIRC.
Hillclimb braces - These things have taken an impressive beating and the rails are still straight.
New rear bumper (coming out this summer) I broke the carbon one the first day I took it out.
Offset axle and 9" wheels. Who doesn't like bling?

It could really use some upgraded shocks, or springs at least. I felt like I was going to snap the sled in half bottoming it out so hard when jumping it 100+ feet in spring snow.

We try to keep the sled stock and no change things until they break, good opportunity to see what needs attention and what holds up. I have always been a polaris critic/hater, but If i went out and bought one today, I would be hard pressed to buy anything but the AXYS. It just works.

Nick - IceAge

We need to talk about a bumper and some rail braces Nick!

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
See, there's another thing I didn't know. Was it electric this year too because there's a thread or two where guys said they did this on their current sleds? Maybe they meant the '15 Pro's?
It came with the 800HO. Which is '16-current in the rmk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I would really look into 8" drivers and junk the 7's... mucho flatter and giddy-up on the snow is impressive!!
Been speaking in depth with Paul this late season & early summer with FNI he should have his D&R ready for marketing soon and stuffing the 3.2 under the AXYS with the 8's... he ran it last season...... :face-icon-small-ton working on the QD system.

S/C

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
So she is finally here....

c7ab00cafce18637e764de3445604bf4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
Sled looks pretty sharp!! Ken at Mountain Magic in Edmonton has a kit that is working well. He tested and developed it on his own sled; and also had some input from Linderman in putting the kit together. Comes with Jaws pipe/can, weights, springs, and a custom cut helix. There is quite a few Axys 800's running around with his kit now. I just installed it on my '17 163 and am heading to Valemount Tuesday to give it a test.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Lemme know how it works. I put a Sledshed Cooker can on it and have a 911 clutch cover for it. Other than that I'll ride it as is. I know Ice Age braces and TRS springs are coming but so is my 3rd kid in a few weeks. So gotta get ready for him to be born too.
Broke it in a little today. Just a toboggan day with the kids but got lots of compliments. Haha

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
So much of the "needed" stuff is subject to your opinion and riding conditions in your area. Just go ride and see what you personally need.

Premium Features