• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weighed the 17 MC with few mods

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Mountain Fit hood is 11lb loss, not sure what the Boss seat is. So full of fuel you would be just under 500lbs ready to ride. Where is the rest of the weight loss from?

I'm still subscribing to the theory that your scale is off.... or your sled is magically 10lbs heavier than the other sleds out there. You did 20lbs worth of weight loss and your numbers just don't add up.

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
Well if somebody wants to ship me their scale and I ship it back I will. I believe this one to be accurate though. I'll get his smaller scale as well and compare stock pipe and can weights to this stuff too.

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
Here's the scoop
Stock pipe 13lb 5 oz
Jaws pipe. 9lb 9oz w/ gasket
Stock can. 18.7lb
Jaws can. 4lb 11oz
New Cat tunnel pack 3lb 12oz

So obviously the pipe kit is not a 25lb loss plus add almost 4lbs for tunnel pack. Belt drive is not that large off weight loss when keeping oil injection.

Last edited:

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Here's the scoop
Stock pipe 13lb 5 oz
Stock can. 18.7lb
Jaws can. 9lb 11oz

So obviously the pipe kit is not a 25lb loss plus add almost 4lbs for tunnel pack. Belt drive is not that large off weight loss when keeping oil injection.

That makes way more sense. And you probably added 2lbs back in with the boards. I can't believe that tunnel pack is 4 lbs. Thats an eye opener. Thats good info on the jaws stuff as I have the SSI Ti can and its only 2.4lbs IIRC.

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
Here's the scoop
Stock pipe 13lb 5 oz
Stock can. 18.7lb
Jaws can. 9lb 11oz

Jaws can was 4 lb 11 oz

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
nice that the rear suitcase is optional.
i see the pre-production models have straps to hold them on.
the twist offs are nice:face-icon-small-coo

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
That makes way more sense. And you probably added 2lbs back in with the boards. I can't believe that tunnel pack is 4 lbs. Thats an eye opener. Thats good info on the jaws stuff as I have the SSI Ti can and its only 2.4lbs IIRC.

How do you like your ssi ti? I'm thinkin about this to go with the rest of the mountain performance kit

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
I've never had one, read posts on here of multiple people not being happy with them.

I'm curious about this as well. Was thinking about getting one, but don't want to if they have bogging issues in pow. Not trying to jack the thread, but is there a proven aftermarket hood that offers good weight loss and maintains or increases breathability in all conditions? That's not Skinz Helium and not $1500 plus? Or Fire & Ice for $1000? Anyone run a diamond-s?

Premium Features