• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who is buying a 2015 Trails West Snowcheck Blackout Burandt Trailer this year?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Can someone tell me when you are referring to the 34' goose neck version what does the 34' go to? Is that from the front of the goose neck to the back of the trailer or is the actual deck 34' + the 7'-6" goose neck making the overall trailer 41'-6" approx?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yep.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TH>SIZE</TH> <TH>LENGTH</TH> <TH>WEIGHT</TH> <TH>TONGUE</TH> <TH>AXLE <TH>TIRE SIZE</TH></TR> <TR> <TD>28 ft. Box</TD> <TD>35'6"</TD> <TD>5600#</TD> <TD>1100#</TD> <TD>5200#</TD> <TD>225/75/r15 LRD</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>34 ft. Box</TD> <TD>41'6"</TD> <TD>6100#</TD> <TD>1525#</TD> <TD>5200#</TD> <TD> 225/75/r15 LRD
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Yep.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TH>SIZE</TH> <TH>LENGTH</TH> <TH>WEIGHT</TH> <TH>TONGUE</TH> <TH>AXLE <TH>TIRE SIZE</TH></TR> <TR> <TD>28 ft. Box</TD> <TD>35'6"</TD> <TD>5600#</TD> <TD>1100#</TD> <TD>5200#</TD> <TD>225/75/r15 LRD</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>34 ft. Box</TD> <TD>41'6"</TD> <TD>6100#</TD> <TD>1525#</TD> <TD>5200#</TD> <TD> 225/75/r15 LRD
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That is just what I was looking for.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Just called the Trails West factory and Shane was out for the week. Spoke to Mike, who was filling in for him. I was on the fence about a Trails West or maybe a Triton, and the conversation I had with Mike steered me away from Trails West. A salesman gets a chance to promote his product and maybe make a sale, well, he must not believe in what he sells/builds. My money is going to someone else.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
There's really no single detail, or very "detailed" detail...if that makes sense. I had a few questions about the rust Meathooker experienced, and a few questions about how they run wires (after inspection of one of the trailers on a dealer lot, I wasn't impressed with how they run wires in the frame, exposed to the elements with no protection as it passed from one frame member to the next). He was short, non informative, and pretty much said, "Well, that's how we build them, so what you saw is how we do it." As for the corrosion, he "had a hard time believing" Meathooker's experience, and said if I was concerned with corrosion at all I should go to an aluminum trailer.

If the video about how they do the prep and painting was truly that good, he missed a helluva opportunity to brag about it. All he said was that they "prime" the metal before painting. While the crossmember are galvanized, the main frame members are not.

Anyway, not to throw dirt their way, and I'm glad the answers I received were given to me before ordering one this week (had to make a decision by Friday). I'm picky, my money comes from hard work, and I'm not going to throw it at a company that doesn't really believe in it's product, which is the feeling I had at the end of our very short and uninformative conversation.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
There's really no single detail, or very "detailed" detail...if that makes sense. I had a few questions about the rust Meathooker experienced, and a few questions about how they run wires (after inspection of one of the trailers on a dealer lot, I wasn't impressed with how they run wires in the frame, exposed to the elements with no protection as it passed from one frame member to the next). He was short, non informative, and pretty much said, "Well, that's how we build them, so what you saw is how we do it." As for the corrosion, he "had a hard time believing" Meathooker's experience, and said if I was concerned with corrosion at all I should go to an aluminum trailer.

all of my pictures were email back-up to the TW company info email and shanes. the time frame can be backed up by the date on my paper work from pick-up.

i just double checked my email; picked up on 1/5/2013 and emailed the pics with rust to them on 1/28/13. i also have a vid from the 28th showing how easy it was to scrap off the paint with my fingernail. keep in mind, this is 23 days from picking it up from the factory. dry roads and i had rock tamers on 100% of the time.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
What's the word on trails west trailers now? How are last years models frames looking, any leaks develop over the summer? People pissed or people happy?

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
6eb1a024bea9bda1cde0d093d12bd0e2.jpg

Just bought a 2016 snowcheck 28' bumper pull. Would be happy to take pics or answer questions for people that have questions about them

Premium Features