• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15 WE Needle Shocks on 16 Axys RMK ??

T
Oct 15, 2008
Kamloops BC Canada
I have a set of 15 WE Needle remote reservoir shocks ski shocks and rear track shock. Will they fit on my 16 axys RMK. They are both 163 tracks. They are the large shaft shocks. I think they are supposed to be better. Any advice any help..Thanks in advance.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
This is a good question and I would like to know for sure as well. I have a set of 15's and was disappointed to say the least when I found out my 16 snowcheck that I paid the extra money for "needles" on, were actually just an added resi shock!! They are fine, but the needles are night and day better on big hits and whooped out trails :face-icon-small-fro Anxiously awaiting info on the 15's...

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If they are rmk length they will fit the front.rear shock on axys is longer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Correct. Rear track shock longer on Axys and won't work. Fronts will work. Can't remember the front track shock compatibility.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
It not just the shock length, but the eye on the end of the shock that mounts to the rear scissor is shorter og the 15 vs the 16 shocks, and wont fit, the shock hits the scissor.

But all the three other shocks fits, fronts and front track shock.

But the Fox RC2 burandt edition shock for the proride will fit in the axys rear susp, but it is shorter and causes a loss of about 2.5 inches of travel measures at the end of the tunnell. I am running it now, front end comes up easier but the ride is soooo much better than the stock walkers with the reservoir that comes on the pro.

Polaris really ought to offer some better shocks as an option with these sleds, just makes it a much better ride all in all.

Last edited:
T
Oct 15, 2008
Kamloops BC Canada
Front shocks moved

I moved the needle shocks on the front end from my Pro to the axys. You need to keep the bottom cups for the spring from the axys on the axys. The pro cup is flat and hits on the a arms of the axys. The axys bottoms are raised to clear the a arms. First ride tomorrow.

Premium Features