• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Ram 2500 6.4L reviews

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Alright I had my first experience in a 2014 Dodge 3500 mega cab, 6.4L, 4.10 gears. We were loaded with four people, a sled deck, and two place enclosed Triton clam shell. Cruising the interstate at 81 mph from MN to CO we got 4mpg. This truck is not for me.

What did the feel good meter say for mpg? The owners of Truck Camper Magazine bought a new RAM 6.4L and carry a truck camper everywhere, the feel good meter was about 3mpg high on average.
I find my 2012 GMC 6.0L gasser feel good meter is within 1 to 3 tenths of a gallon used, incredibly accurate. Not saying my mileage is great, 8.5-15.5mpg depending on the load, but the dang meter is spot on!

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
I ended up buying a new 2015 Ford F150 ecoboost. The mileage and power were the deciding factor for me. I have had 3 diesel trucks since 2004. All were new. They were nice for towing the 8 or 10 times a year that I actually needed a 3/4 ton diesel. The rest of the time they just cost me more money. 2 dodges and 1 2014 chev. So I got the ecoboost with the max tow pkg in xlt form. It gets just over 20 mpg and drives nice. Its my daily driver so power, towing capacity, and mileage were paramount. These new half tons are no joke. I am in no way an expert or bashing 1 brand over the other. Buy what suits your needs. Thats what I did. Thanks for your input guys.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Hopefully the 4mpg was not from the feel good meter because if the meter is optimistic by 3mpg that would mean stopping every 36 or so miles for fuel. :face-icon-small-ton

I have to say, 4 is the worst mileage I have ever heard of. I am sure the old 65 Bluebird 48 passenger gasoline camper bus my Family used in the 70's, pulling a 16' fiberglass ski boat did better than 6mpg.

Premium Features