• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

155 x 3"

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
IMO, trenching is partially a matter of suspension set up.

If you go for the deep powder set up, (softer springs and not a tight limiter) you won't have trenching problems.

Also, when you hook up, you don't trench.
If you sit and spin, you'll trench. Especially is the chassis isn't designed to LIFT and go.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
My buddy's sled=14 Cat M8000, 163X2.6 power claw.
My sled=13 RMK 800, 156X3. X3.

Both stock engines.

Deeeep powder in December. Both stock on mostly flat ground side by side.

We stamped out snow under belly. Lifted rear bumper once.
Neither were clear and "free".

I jockeyed both sleds in the name of science.

Used "wiggle and pin it".

The Pro lifted and walked away.
The Cat dug deeper and never moved forward more than an inch.

No lie.

Lots of variables to consider....but the track WORKS!!!
He rides my sled... He admits it also. He might be checking a 16 with a 3".

I REALLY want to compare the 3" X3 to the 3" PC.
PRETTY HARD to isolate all the variables there, though, unless you got identical chassis with those two tracks.

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
I put the 156X3 under my 15 pro with ezryde suspension..sled handles and performs awesome.. Always had 163 length but after this sled i will not go back.. Really really happy with this set up!!

H

hogan assault

Feb 16, 2012
Alberta
Bit the bullet! Snow checked a 155x3" Pro. I think it will be a blast! I pretty much had my mind made up the minute I saw they were offering it but thanks for the help! :beer;:beer;

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
3" pitch?

4192_1600.jpg

This appears to be the 3" lug, but it has a double lug(same as the 163 2.86p) just as it turns to go around the rear bogie wheel. Makes me question polaris saying it's a 3'' pitch.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
My buddy's sled=14 Cat M8000, 163X2.6 power claw.
My sled=13 RMK 800, 156X3. X3.

Both stock engines.

Deeeep powder in December. Both stock on mostly flat ground side by side.

We stamped out snow under belly. Lifted rear bumper once.
Neither were clear and "free".

I jockeyed both sleds in the name of science.

Used "wiggle and pin it".

The Pro lifted and walked away.
The Cat dug deeper and never moved forward more than an inch.

No lie.

Lots of variables to consider....but the track WORKS!!!
He rides my sled... He admits it also. He might be checking a 16 with a 3".

I REALLY want to compare the 3" X3 to the 3" PC.
PRETTY HARD to isolate all the variables there, though, unless you got identical chassis with those two tracks.

LOL. That's not even close to a comparison of tracks Scott. That's a comparison of chassis'.
A comparison of tracks would be Pro against a Pro. Your geared down 156 3" and a similarly geared down Pro with the stock 5.1.
Bet ya it would be close with the 5.1 running away by the end of the meadow or ravine or whatever flatish terrain you were on.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
LOL. That's not even close to a comparison of tracks Scott. That's a comparison of chassis'.
A comparison of tracks would be Pro against a Pro. Your geared down 156 3" and a similarly geared down Pro with the stock 5.1.
Bet ya it would be close with the 5.1 running away by the end of the meadow or ravine or whatever flatish terrain you were on.

LOL, I know...It's all I had.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I don't think someone can dispute the benefits of a 3" on a straight open climb.

The older I get, the more I like to spend my time in the rhubarb. My question is, how is the 3" in the jungle. You know your in the tight trees. You have no run, you come around a tree(s) and you need to jam the throttle and go hard left and up. You have been there.. It can be sktetchy. If you haven't, you should try it, it's a good time.

That's where I want just a tick more help. I fall short in that situation once in a while. When you get in that tree sugar it gets a little hairy.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I don't think someone can dispute the benefits of a 3" on a straight open climb.

The older I get, the more I like to spend my time in the rhubarb. My question is, how is the 3" in the jungle. You know your in the tight trees. You have no run, you come around a tree(s) and you need to jam the throttle and go hard left and up. You have been there.. It can be sktetchy. If you haven't, you should try it, it's a good time.

That's where I want just a tick more help. I fall short in that situation once in a while. When you get in that tree sugar it gets a little hairy.

Justin, spend two hours on my sled. :) I'll let ya.

Premium Features