• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Enclosed Aluminum trailers ----Good / Bad ?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
richracer,
I bought a similar trailer (Mission 22' box w/5' V Trailer but not a high deck), how does the hard plastic flooring hold up to carbides? Do you need runners or is the flooring capable of holding up without them?

Thanks

I'm sure it'll hold well to carbides, its not a hard plastic though. I went ahead and put down some ski glides to protect the floor. I've seen the cost of a sheet of that flooring - not cheap.

clarson80

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Valley City, ND
Our local cat dealer sells lightning trailers...couple of buddies and myself bought a 7x29 enclosed...spring axels and no extras other than the spare tire. Low and narrow...it weighs next to nothing, pulls easy, and rides really smooth. (It does sit low enough that off camber grades in parking lots with scrape the rear bumper once in a while, but nothing major) On our first trip with it i set a full power aid bottle next to the rear door, it never moved or tipped in 700 miles...we actually decided the spring axels must ride smoother due to being independent, not very scientific though, just comparing it open trailers with torsion axels.
We like it. Its also nice it have a "garage" to keep them during the off season too.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Our local cat dealer sells lightning trailers...couple of buddies and myself bought a 7x29 enclosed...spring axels and no extras other than the spare tire. Low and narrow...it weighs next to nothing, pulls easy, and rides really smooth. (It does sit low enough that off camber grades in parking lots with scrape the rear bumper once in a while, but nothing major) On our first trip with it i set a full power aid bottle next to the rear door, it never moved or tipped in 700 miles...we actually decided the spring axels must ride smoother due to being independent, not very scientific though, just comparing it open trailers with torsion axels.
We like it. Its also nice it have a "garage" to keep them during the off season too.

I like torsion axles, but they can be very rough riding if not properly loaded! In my experience anyways...

bugglin_bull

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2009
Just bought a inline Aluminum trailer. Check out R and R trailers, picked mine up a month ago and I love it. Great people to deal with, excellent quality and they will build you whatever you want.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

CAM00233[1].jpg

Last edited:
J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
be careful with them empty. we bought a new trailer and while it is windy on the plains up here that sucker whipped right off the hitch into the ditch and almost took the truck with it.

bugglin_bull

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2009
Yep..all of the door hinges have zerk fittings so they can be greased, really nice trailer for the money and pulls like a dream.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Featherlite has a 10 year warranty while most of the others are 3 and 5 year. That says a ton about their build quality.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Featherlite has a 10 year warranty while most of the others are 3 and 5 year. That says a ton about their build quality.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

10 years, that's all??/ Just kidding.

The Mission/Polaris brand of aluminum trailers have a limited LIFE time warranty.

Absolutely love my aluminum Polaris trailer (manufactured by Mission).

Premium Features