• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Inline vs Wide

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
Yea looking at Mission's gooseneck. I'm taking my time and not going to jump the gun on anything too fast. Open to all options except a deckover.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
the width doesnt affect the area on the side of the trailer; so it shouldnt change the effect wind has on it.

thats a GOOD looking trailer! i just sold my 28' TW and ordered a 30' charmac trisport. i have a month to make the final call of aluminum or steel; right now its steel. hard for me to justify the additional 5k for a 400lb savings. from what ive heard the new ice melt they use in Idaho corrodes aluminum as fast as steel so thats not a factor.

have you loaded 6 sleds in there? we BARELY got 6 pro's in my 28' so im hoping the extra couple feet make it easy.

why did you go with RR? they're in my town but never thought to look into them.

I have never tried to load 6 sleds in this trailer. I load from the front and 5 isn't even a tight fit at all, so it might fit 6???

I had a great experience with Double R there in Nampa. I went with them because they would custom build everything for me, but the more I read it seems like more manufacturers are doing that these days!

On the axle dispute, this trailer has 5k lb dual leaf spring axles under it as opposed to torsion axles. After the tire issues I had on my last trailer with torsion axles I will never go back to them. I really like the leaf spring axles on this trailer and tire wear has been excellent:)

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
That's a good looking trailer and exactly the style I was shooting for. How many sleds you get in there? I was going aluminum no matter what as I plan to keep it for awhile. I am on the fence tandem vs. triple axle because of helping with sway and ice. Not sure if it makes a difference so hopefully somebody chimes in. I want a nice pulling trailer that doesn't leave me white knuckling for 10 hrs.

I think I'd stick with dual heavy duty leaf spring axles man and stay away from triple torsions. Dual axles will handle a 30 ft aluminum trailer no problem. Plus, less tires to replace eventually:)

One more thing to consider in the interior; stay away from any type of finish board that has a decorative layer glued onto it ( like you see in many campers/toy haulers). Reason is, all the condensation in our sled trailers will cause the decorative layer to separate from the base layer and it'll start pissing you off:)

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
I think I'd stick with dual heavy duty leaf spring axles man and stay away from triple torsions. Dual axles will handle a 30 ft aluminum trailer no problem. Plus, less tires to replace eventually:)

One more thing to consider in the interior; stay away from any type of finish board that has a decorative layer glued onto it ( like you see in many campers/toy haulers). Reason is, all the condensation in our sled trailers will cause the decorative layer to separate from the base layer and it'll start pissing you off:)
I was more worried about side sway and help keep it on the road. I thought it went from tandem torsions to triple leafs to help equalize??

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I don't know exactly man...

But I run an equalizer hitch with anti-sway bar on my trailer with dual 5k lb axles and it ain't budging in the wind! It's rock solid behind my 3/4 ton Duramax.

Premium Features