• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

thinking about a proclimb

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
Totaled my highly modded 07 M8 im thinking about a proclimb to replace it with. ive ridden a 2012 M8 and i was impartial to it. basically it was like riding my 07 stock. is it going to take that much effort to get a proclimb to make it do what my 07 could do?

I need to do something with the bars im 6ft and i need the bars lower.

basically im looking to spend 7500-8000 for the sled then im planning on these mods

Running boards
Can
Vents
Headlight Delete
Racewerx Front Bumper
simmons skis (already own)
oil delete

idk what else i can do to these to make them lighter and more agile? i dont have enough experience with this chassis.

basically im looking for some insight as to how much im looking at spending to get this thing to perform.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
it easily out performs a 07 M8 without any mods...............:juggle: stock for stock..........and every mod will only make it better

Anybody who is basing there opinions about the PC on a short 2012 test ride needs to give it a fair test ride.........and then go ride a 2013 :)

Last edited:
L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
what dave said, i had a 2010 M8 done up as much as i could, my 2012 PC stock beats the **** outta it. not in the same league, the 2012 needs some things done to make it better (redrilling spindles for more ski swing, drop skid to 2013 setup.) just some little things that make it way way better.
get one and dont look back, i sure havent

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
it easily out performs a 07 M8 without any mods...............:juggle: stock for stock..........and every mod will only make it better

Anybody who is basing there opinions about the PC on a short 2012 test ride needs to give it a fair test ride.........and then go ride a 2013 :)

yes i agree stock for stock proclimb is better but what im saying is i dont want to have to stick that much money in to it to make it perform.

and i spent 4 days on the 2012 out in cooke both 153 and 162. im not saying i dont like it but i dont want to have to drop the money again.

i dont have the sources to ride a 13 all of my riding partners switched to poo in 2012 and my dealers dont have any 13s left. and quite frankly i cant afford a 13. its just not feesable

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
Get the 38" arms redrill spindles move skid and you should be happy. Hps makes a good can mds weights work great and regear would be my next mods. The 2.6 track is unreal if you van find a steal on one I have no regrets of getting mine and will be on a 2014 snopro next year.

katzass

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
call this guy he has a 13 for sale right now - already has some of the mods you want - seven 0 one 360 two thousand - Justin - $8000.00

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
I'm pretty sure there is a thread on here about cutting the heat exchanger down in the tunnel to HCR or 13 LTD. specs for a little money and some work. That would be the first mod I performed if I didn't buy a Pro Climb that already has that set up, 10lb or so dry weight reduction. If you are going to narrow the front end, buy the HCR as it has the short exchanger already. Trust me, it's a big plus, I've had both. Get it geared by Arctic Cat, bulletin is supposedly in the mail to dealers right now to regear all Pro Climbs under warranty, $50 to you on extended coverage if you buy a 12 model. Put the rear skid into the 13 location, a little work, no cost and well worth the effort. Get a Speedwerx or HPS silencer for weight reduction. Speedwerx has quiet and louder, lighter L2 version if you don't mind a little bark, 10 to 15 lbs dry weight reduction. Buy some Powder Pro skis!!!! When available, get the new short seat and 12 gallon gas tank from Arctic Cat, 7 lbs dry weight reduction. If you do the work yourself, you are looking at about $1100 if all the parts are bought new with a 27 to 32 lb dry weight loss. This does not count a 38 inch front end. :yo:

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
I'm pretty sure there is a thread on here about cutting the heat exchanger down in the tunnel to HCR or 13 LTD. specs for a little money and some work. That would be the first mod I performed if I didn't buy a Pro Climb that already has that set up, 10lb or so dry weight reduction. If you are going to narrow the front end, buy the HCR as it has the short exchanger already. Trust me, it's a big plus, I've had both. Get it geared by Arctic Cat, bulletin is supposedly in the mail to dealers right now to regear all Pro Climbs under warranty, $50 to you on extended coverage if you buy a 12 model. Put the rear skid into the 13 location, a little work, no cost and well worth the effort. Get a Speedwerx or HPS silencer for weight reduction. Speedwerx has quiet and louder, lighter L2 version if you don't mind a little bark, 10 to 15 lbs dry weight reduction. Buy some Powder Pro skis!!!! When available, get the new short seat and 12 gallon gas tank from Arctic Cat, 7 lbs dry weight reduction. If you do the work yourself, you are looking at about $1100 if all the parts are bought new with a 27 to 32 lb dry weight loss. This does not count a 38 inch front end. :yo:

Take out the 4 idler wheels and brackets and the ducting on the clutchside panel that does nothing and save another 5lbs

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
The 2.6 track, narrow front end, revised steering and revised skid mounting make the 13 worth the money, and the 13 LE cooler is iceing on the cake

regear, better skies = rock and roll

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Weight

Totaled my highly modded 07 M8 im thinking about a proclimb to replace it with. ive ridden a 2012 M8 and i was impartial to it. basically it was like riding my 07 stock. is it going to take that much effort to get a proclimb to make it do what my 07 could do?

I need to do something with the bars im 6ft and i need the bars lower.

basically im looking to spend 7500-8000 for the sled then im planning on these mods

Running boards 0 Weight
Can
Vents
Headlight Delete
Racewerx Front Bumper Adds 8LB
simmons skis (already own)
oil delete -8lb

idk what else i can do to these to make them lighter and more agile? i dont have enough experience with this chassis.

basically im looking for some insight as to how much im looking at spending to get this thing to perform.

I think a bumper is needed but man if its heavy ditch it. I would think that 5-8 LB bumper would act like 20lb

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I need a heavy duty bumper that is a must.... You know how they say trees are traction, well I take that to a whole new extreme. I don't hesitate to take on a 4inch pine. I usually went through a front bumper on my m at least once a year if not twice. With front end so open on these i feel that it will be even more critical.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Premium Features