• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Lodging Ride in Ride Out for Rabbit ears?

06IQRMK

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
Guys,
never stayed around that area. Looking to bring a group of 6 guys out to ride rabbit ears area. Wondering what is available for ride in ride out lodging If there is any? not against loading up and trailering every day, but hoping to avoid that.
Tried calling the "Rabbit ears Mtn Lodge" and it goes to "landons" cell phone? Your help and suggestions are appreciated!!!
Thanks!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Guys,
never stayed around that area. Looking to bring a group of 6 guys out to ride rabbit ears area. Wondering what is available for ride in ride out lodging If there is any? not against loading up and trailering every day, but hoping to avoid that.
Tried calling the "Rabbit ears Mtn Lodge" and it goes to "landons" cell phone? Your help and suggestions are appreciated!!!
Thanks!
Rabbit Ears Mountain Lodge isnt a lodge yet... concept at this point I believe.

There is nowhere up on Rabbit Ears, you will have to stay in Steamboat, Walden, or Kremmling I spose.

Wild Skies mentioned above isn’t at RE, its in the Flat Tops. Cool place, but huge, expensive, and typically less snow than RE.

michelintireman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
We have a group of 10. looking for a place to stay close to Rabbit ears next week. any suggestions ?

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Kremtucky has a hotel or 2 that I assume would be on the cheaper side when compared to hotels in steamboat.

If you want a place to ride out of, then go north to Hahns peak, near Clark. They have hotel and cabins, general store, gas, sled rentals restuarant and bar.

Or down to Grand Mesa. Sled rentals, food lodging ride in/out. Pretty rare in Colorado really since most of the riding is on public lands. You can't really build lodging on public ands.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
wild skys is crazy expensive you have to park 5miles down and sled into the cabin/lodge riding is good on the flattops I think its better then the ears just a locals opinion. Clark is a blast to ride at... starting to get deep but not as deep as the ears or the flat tops/ripple creek... most of the storms have been more south.. but the road house is the only full serve ride in ride out with food/gas ect in the valley. the only one in the valley :)

OhioMitch

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2013
Check out Legacy Vacation Resort Hilltop down in Steamboat. We stay there and trailer to ears in the morning. Nice big lot for trailer and a free shuttle all night to downtown. Best gig we've found for riding rabbit ears.

K
Jan 28, 2011
Thunder Mountain Lodge
I like Super 8 Kremmling for $50 per night with breakfast, special rate for snowmobilers. Nice asian food next door. Can't beat it. As mentioned above Grand Mesa has ride in ride out. I operate Thunder Mountain Lodge we would be happy to have you and we have decent snow, but still thin for any real hill climbs and side hills. Thanks

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
wild skys is crazy expensive you have to park 5miles down and sled into the cabin/lodge riding is good on the flattops I think its better then the ears just a locals opinion. Clark is a blast to ride at... starting to get deep but not as deep as the ears or the flat tops/ripple creek... most of the storms have been more south.. but the road house is the only full serve ride in ride out with food/gas ect in the valley. the only one in the valley :)

How expensive is wild sky's? There rules look pretty crazy there against cooking bacon that's for sure. Maybe there vegan.

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
How expensive is wild sky's? There rules look pretty crazy there against cooking bacon that's for sure. Maybe there vegan.

we fell victim to their sales pitch a few years back. There is a forum topic just about them that i posted the whole story in. I recommend avoiding them. we bought the package at a rocky mountain elk foundation banquet so we got a pretty good deal on it, but it is the only place of my "never again" places.

Premium Features