• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Changing Clutch Weights in the field? Tips/Tricks? 2016 M8

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
put it can side down on the snow and put the secondary L bolt into the secondary clutch and set it up like your going to change the belt but you do not have to remove it. put all your body weight on the primary and this will push it in stick a weight in between the spider and the chiv sideways this will hold it open. change a weight on the other two spots now use one of the weight you have take out and put it in one of the spots you have already change and free up the last weight you need to put in. Or just by Cutler adjustable weights.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I use a tire iron to get spider away from weights...then place correct sized socket in there to hold open. I also have a small telescoping magnet to remove and place weights into place. And bring some extra bolts, nuts and orings... you might drop and lose something.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have MDS weights and I used to make changes in the mountains but, now I just write my notes in my little tuning book I carry on the sled and make the changes at home in my nice warm shop.

Premium Features