• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Injector servicing

The 2011 assault had suffered a melted piston skirt on the exhaust side stator side of the sled. At this point I got the cylinders redone new pistons and reeds and fuel filter also I had a look at the stator side crank seal and its dry in that area and the intake boots look good to me. The oil pump is turned up a little more and it had been running at 40/1. The shop checked the blue injectors out and said...
Pass on the leak test
Good on the spray pattern
39 and41 on the flow tests
The injector that flowed less #39 come out of the side that had the melted skirt so I guess maybe that could be a reason for that side leaning out a bit and melting the piston? I just don't know if 39 and 41 are close enough or should I buy new injectors hoping to get a balanced set?
The sled has always been run on 100 avgas and oil in the fuel tank and it has a can on it and always gets warmed up well before riding so fire away with any ideas guys.

Premium Features