• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtn cat conversion

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Planning on doing a TKI belt drive/Mtn cat conversion to my 15 HCR. Questions I have are
1. Will the 15 drivers be ok or do I need to change them?2. Thinking about doing Mtn cat rails but I'm unsure of what components I can use out of my 15 skid...
3. Any advice on the install.
Thanks

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I plan on doing my 14 this year as well. Did the TKI template come with instructions?

R
I don't know about the TKI. I went with C3 because they are here in Canada. There was no template just instructions. Pretty straight forward. About 3 hours to install. I have reverse also, not a problem like the 1100's. Silky smooth operation, big difference. I lost exactly 10lbs after I completed it.. Well the sled did not me.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I wasn't aware C3 made a drop and roll kit for existing non-MC sleds. Or are you saying you just put a C3 belt drive on without dropping the driveshaft?

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO
Planning on doing a TKI belt drive/Mtn cat conversion to my 15 HCR. Questions I have are
1. Will the 15 drivers be ok or do I need to change them?2. Thinking about doing Mtn cat rails but I'm unsure of what components I can use out of my 15 skid...
3. Any advice on the install.
Thanks

I was able to upload the instructions document in the PC thread. Check it out and it will give you an idea what needs to be done. The one thing I didn't mention was the rail tips need to be cut in order for the rails to clear the track. I just hacked off the plastic tips and it worked flawless last year.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Yes, I can say for sure that the TKI kit does work with the 2015 Jackshaft.

I can't say 100% for sure on the 2014 but, I am fairly confident it works with it as well.

You do have to drill and tap the end of the shaft of the new mount bolt for the upper pulley that comes with the kit. I had read and heard that was tough but, it went well for me without issues.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
14 jackshaft has a bolt from the factory, 15 uses clips and it needs to be drilled and tapped to be like the 14.

Mountain Cat

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I upgraded to the 2015 jackshaft when I did the MTN cat upgrade to my 2014. Stronger shaft and it only cost $70. Tom has them on hand sometimes or you can get the kit from cat. My 2014 shaft bearing was going out too at 1600 miles so it really made sense to change it.

Premium Features