• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS Track Wear

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I had the x3 on my 14 pro, after riding the axys with the 2.6, I was sold. I do notice more wear on the edges but that is it. And as far as I am concerned, as good as that track works, I don't mind it being a consumable. As long as I can get 2 seasons out of it - and after one season, I don't think that is going to be an issue.

I hear you and also realize once these tracks are fully clipped they will be fixed and I might get several years out of it. Just another cost that I will need to allow for when buying a new sled. Lucky the Polaris is a couple thousand less expensive than the Doo to allow for needed upgrades. e.g. a-arms or braces, tether, track clips and some storage for a tool kit at bare minimum.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
IMHO

get the smooth clips...the lighter/holey ones dont "crimp" flat with most hand tools and create another problem...

the tool I use looks like a big chain cutter...

every other clip is not the problem, polaris should know better to clip the non lug window...bad idea...BJ

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I hear you and also realize once these tracks are fully clipped they will be fixed and I might get several years out of it. Just another cost that I will need to allow for when buying a new sled. Lucky the Polaris is a couple thousand less expensive than the Doo to allow for needed upgrades. e.g. a-arms or braces, tether, track clips and some storage for a tool kit at bare minimum.

totally not true with the axys(maybe with pro?)
in season axys 800..155 x2.4= $14999 cdn mrsp
in season 850 g4 154x2.5=$14150cdn mrsp
no way the axys is a couple thou cheaper...
polaris really bumped the price up vs the pro

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

Something's off. That sure doesn't mirror pricing in this area. Axys is much less expensive, and a much better sled too.

Somebody's gettin' screwed . . .LOL

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada

Agree.
My 17 163 ProRMK was $14795CAD
Equally equipped Summit I was considering was $14,499 CAD

Good thing I had $1000 Golden Ticket, or it might have been a tough decision.....and no track issues. :)

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

Your paying way too much if paying MSRSP. Polaris dealers (with Golden Ticket) I have spoken to come way down compared to the Doo prices guys are saying they paid.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Your paying way too much if paying MSRSP. Polaris dealers (with Golden Ticket) I have spoken to come way down compared to the Doo prices guys are saying they paid.

twist however you want..the axys is more than the g4...not even close to 2k less

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Regardless of price. We are seeing a lot of the wear and it looks to be contriubuted to the rails being cut so far back in the rear so when side load is applied (sidehilling, especially in harder snow) it drags really hard, especially on certain sleds where the hyfax seemed to be cut shorter and it drags on the tails of the rails.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I am wondering if moving from inboard rear wheels to outboard rear wheels would alleviate this particular tracks design problems.
Internal or inboard wheels cause a concave affect on a spinning track where external or outboard wheels cause a convex affect. When viewing the bottom/lug of the track.

Last edited:

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
I have this problem as well and I run a KMOD skid. I don't think it's an issue with the hifax really. Big John over at sled head Racing fully clipped one of the 3" Polaris tracks and it added a whole pound and a half. I'm going to go that route and be done with it. Steel on the slider is more efficient than rubber on the slider anyways so the little added weight is offset in my mind.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I have this problem as well and I run a KMOD skid. I don't think it's an issue with the hifax really. Big John over at sled head Racing fully clipped one of the 3" Polaris tracks and it added a whole pound and a half. I'm going to go that route and be done with it. Steel on the slider is more efficient than rubber on the slider anyways so the little added weight is offset in my mind.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I agree, I recommended that from the beginning.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
How many have clipped the rest of the track? Just picked up a used SKS that has 170miles on it. No sign of any track wear yet, but want to minimize the chances of getting it.

sledhappy

Premium Member
Nov 22, 2008
What about running an anti stab kit on it and that should also help keep the track from rubbing on the "tip" of the rails. When I look at mine it seems the near the top of the rails is where it's rubbing the most. (Less rotating mass then the clips)

Pgritton

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2009
Soda Springs
www.pgoutdoors.com
Question for those who've clipped the lug windows on an Axys track.

I noticed that the windows/lugs which are factory clipped have quite a bit more rubber built up for the clips to latch onto than the windows that have the lugs. Is this a problem when installing the clips?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Question for those who've clipped the lug windows on an Axys track.

I noticed that the windows/lugs which are factory clipped have quite a bit more rubber built up for the clips to latch onto than the windows that have the lugs. Is this a problem when installing the clips?

If you own a 163, take a look at the position of the track where there are 2 lugs side by side. Polaris actually did clip one of these lugs and you will find the clip held on and that window has no wear.

image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Seems like by reading the posts that the abnormal wear is only on lugged bars ...

And the only fix is to add the rest of the clips ..

The wear makes sense. The weight and propulsion are supported by the non clipped bars ..

If you run the track extremely tight, the problem can be supposably reconciled .. but at what cost to the track and hyfax?

And posts something about the drag of a track and another about the speed of a loose track will do nothing for the problem ( And tighten yours as you wish I'll always be Smoking you with a loose one)

The best fix as we have all seen is to pull the Polaris variant and install a Camoplast branded one !!

Last edited:
Premium Features