• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS Track Wear

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I've ran extensions without hyfax with no issues.

The clip pattern is the same as the 2.4

Only leaves one more option.
Lack of outter nubs being the only difference between the two tracks on the inside.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I've ran extensions without hyfax with no issues.

The clip pattern is the same as the 2.4

Only leaves one more option.
Lack of outter nubs being the only difference between the two tracks on the inside.

I don't have a 2.4 to go look at but isnt there "guide clips" on the 2.4 versus the 2.6?

fastboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2008
Is this a problem on the 155's as well as the 163's... Just wondering if this is happening on the sks or assaults with the extra wheels in the skid.

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Looking at my '09 2.4 track I see similar wear as the 2.6. Having the outer nubs hides the wear from view but there is a wear lip on the unclipped windows that is not on the clipped window and is similar to the 2.6.
Some of these pics posted clearly show excessive wear, and I am not referring to those but rather the ones with more moderate wear

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Looking at my '09 2.4 track I see similar wear as the 2.6. Having the outer nubs hides the wear from view but there is a wear lip on the unclipped windows that is not on the clipped window and is similar to the 2.6.
Some of these pics posted clearly show excessive wear, and I am not referring to those but rather the ones with more moderate wear

My 15 has half the wear as my 16 with both having about the same kilometres. It is true that the rubber nubs do hide the wear on the 15 and the 16 being naked, it is very noticeable.

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
My 15 has half the wear as my 16 with both having about the same kilometres. It is true that the rubber nubs do hide the wear on the 15 and the 16 being naked, it is very noticeable.

It doesnt just hide it. It spreads the wear evenly and doesnt let the hifax carve the track like a butterknife.
One more downside to the loss of outer guidenubs, is the increased tension and side forces the rear idler wheels are getting when doing steep sidehilling. Ive already had to replace mine.
Seen a couple that busted the bearing out of the plastic on the wheels, and in turn demolished more parts.

Last edited:

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
It doesnt just hide it. It spreads the wear evenly and doesnt let the hifax carve the track like a butterknife.
One more downside to the loss of outer guidenubs, is the increased tension and side forces the rear idler wheels are getting when doing steep sidehilling. Ive already had to replace mine.
Seen a couple that busted the bearing out of the plastic on the wheels, and in turn demolished more parts.
Someone fill me in, has this same issue been happening to guys that switched to the X3 or the 3.2?

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
I have a friend that runs a X3. It looks like new. But it also has the outer guide nubs for the hifax.

Hope you guys start to understand that the serie 6/7 track is something that shouldnt even hit the market in its current revision.....
They got a new articlenr on them for -17. Lets hope the've fixed this!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
As PEZ has stated, the 2.4 has the same wear, not just the 2.6. The elimination of the guide nubs might contribute, but it's not the cause, its been happening for years. Someone at poo, likely RMK R&D in Utah knows the answer and story.

More thinking about the root cause - does tail walking make this worse? It's been proposed by others that the edge at the end of the hyfax is the culprit. When pushing all the track torque through just a few lugs contacting the snow at rail end when the sled is on it's tail, does the force and track deflection create more damage? Especially on more setup snow?

The longer lugs on the 2.6 and 3.0 could bite and deflect more than the 2.4 - while the 2.4 has the same wear patterns, it looks more common and severe on the series 6/7 with only a season on them (seems like more are seeing it on the 2.6, but there are many more 2.6's out there, and the 3.0 might be run is softer snow, on average).

If your riding style is tail walking frequently, do you have more wear? If you are seldom or never on the tail, do you have any wear? Could be a poll to eventually send to poo. They have to cruise this site regularly, it's the single most visited and posted site for RMKs in the world.

Last edited:

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
I have a 2.4 that have run 3 times more what my serie 7(3") have. And the wear is there, but only 2-3mm and its spread over the whole contact patch.
The serie 7 are down to 4-5mm and its not evenly. Its cut into the glasfibre rod..

Ive also changed to white hifax and it clearly shows where its been carving Into the track. Im going to upload pictures if i manage ;)

122903-37bf3d5656f3e796d0ac6eacd30190b2_large.jpg

122903-8ec720b37d0c4eab10aec7e40799ef10_large.jpg

122903-ed3cb13b3d4b6796b687828b19a8f28a_large.jpg

122903-2b63e4286abc815a2ae6e3006b6f3f0d_large.jpg

Last edited:

fastboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2008
I hope it doesn't die ether. I asked a question before does this issue exist on just the pro's with no wheels in the skid or do the sks and assault show the same issue.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
This is a serious issue. I hope this thread does not die simply because the time of year.

Honestly, what do you expect to come from it? I think it is ridiculous that this is an issue and I don't appreciate the track wear on mine either but what is Polaris going to do? They sold thousands of sleds with this track on it, do you really expect that they are going to recall and replace all those tracks? I doubt it...

Overthehood

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2016
I think they have a legal responsibility based on the warranty to stand behind defective tracks. If my track wears to the point that it tears and rips, causing an accident in which I'm injured, due to this demonstratable defect, many juries would award against the manufacturer.
They need to think about that. The least they should do is pay to have the tracks clipped IMO.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Likely need to confirm the principle cause, at least publicly (poo or Camso likely has insight into the specific cause or conditions. Maybe Camso would talk about it.)

Anyone notice that the new Camso 2.8 is clipped every other window, but clipped on the lug windows, not the non-lugged windows? There are pics plastered around with Burandt running this track on an Axys - what does the wear look like compared to the 2.6 or 3.0?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I put 900 miles on a X3 last year, and 750 miles on the polaris 3" this year. Last year was on my pro, this year was an axys. both tracks were 162's. I didnt have these wear issues on either sled. I run my tracks very snug, almost always leave the scratchers down, BUT neither track had any groomed trail miles. At the most its 2-3 miles in and out on single track through the woods. Just my experience with this issue. Eric

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Honestly, what do you expect to come from it? I think it is ridiculous that this is an issue and I don't appreciate the track wear on mine either but what is Polaris going to do? They sold thousands of sleds with this track on it, do you really expect that they are going to recall and replace all those tracks? I doubt it...

I don't expect that Polaris will do anything for us. I do however hope they realize they have a problem and will change the design of this track in the next year or two rather then 5 years down the road.

When design issues start giving them bad press, they do listen. Sometimes they wait until their reputation is damaged first but the sooner they hear it the sooner they can react.

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I had the x3 on my 14 pro, after riding the axys with the 2.6, I was sold. I do notice more wear on the edges but that is it. And as far as I am concerned, as good as that track works, I don't mind it being a consumable. As long as I can get 2 seasons out of it - and after one season, I don't think that is going to be an issue.

Premium Features