• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro MPI rear mount oil scavenge pump issues.

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
So we had a 2012 nytro come into the shop the other day because it was smoking super bad. Ran some tests and came to the conclusion that the oil scavenge pump is bad. It has power to it but the gears under the pump are locked up. We broke them loose as instructed by MPI and freed them up. Put it all back together thinking we had her fixed. Got it running still smoking like crazy. At first we thought it was just the oil burning out of the muffler, but after pulling the return line off the pump with the sled running we still have no oil running through the pump. Called mpi sounds like they no longer make the turbo for nytro let alone the oil scavenge pump. Looked around on the internet for a pump and cant find anything close except for one from RB racing but when i talked to them they were out of stock and complete D****. SO cant go that route either. I know this is a common issue. What have you guys done to fix or replace the MPI oil scavange pumps? Saw it needs to be a 2 gpm pump. any help would be great thanks!

V
Mar 7, 2012
you put the gears in the pump in backwards I did the same thing with mine ether take the pump back apart or switch the wires on the motor so it turns the other direction.

Premium Features