• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Supercharger

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
I know Carl's had them dialed on the Pros, any on the Axys yet? Specifically at sea-level?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My bet is they aren't doing them because they didn't sell enough of the pros. My buddy has one and it is definitely fun but you could buy 2 turbo kits, and still have money in your pocket, for what he has in that thing.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I have no idea if someone is working on a S/C for the 850, but putting one on a mountain sled makes no sense to me. Sleds change elevation way too much and are on and off the throttle way too often to get a S/C to work well. Then there's the cost....

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
I have no idea if someone is working on a S/C for the 850, but putting one on a mountain sled makes no sense to me. Sleds change elevation way too much and are on and off the throttle way too often to get a S/C to work well. Then there's the cost....

I humbly disagree, and think for technical riding a supercharger will have a significant advantage with zero lag.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming

Obviously you haven’t had the chance to toss a leg over one.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Obviously you haven’t had the chance to toss a leg over one.
Of course I haven't. Hardly anyone has. Yeah, zero lag would be sweet, but how the heck do you manage pipe pressure when you're constaltly blippin' the throttle. Do you also need to change pulleys on the mountain when you go up 4k feet from the parking lot? I have no idea how Speedwerx did it. Way over my head...

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Of course I haven't. Hardly anyone has. Yeah, zero lag would be sweet, but how the heck do you manage pipe pressure when you're constaltly blippin' the throttle. Do you also need to change pulleys on the mountain when you go up 4k feet from the parking lot? I have no idea how Speedwerx did it. Way over my head...
Ya I understand I’m one of large handful that has had the opportunity to ride one. I don’t know anything in regards to setups from Speedwerx/Carls. I was on a ‘15 PRO for about 25-30 minutes before the owner took it away from me due to having WAY to much fun! I rode it like a stock sled not a turboed sled. The one con is you have to change a pulley to increases boost, compared to MTK or BD turbo where you can change boost levels on the snow and probably the same for EXTREME changes in altitude since I don’t recall seeing an altitude compensator like the one that’s in my BD control box. The blowoff on the SC was stupidly loud. If costs were the same for SC or Turbo, I’d probably still do the turbo, once a guy finds that sweet spot in the throttle, you don’t really notice a lag.

Premium Features