• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Rasmussen Front Bumper Instructions

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Does anyone have a copy or a snap shot of them? I lost mine and can't figure out how the support brackets are mounted. I assume you drill out 2 holes in the bulkhead?

M
Mar 7, 2008
Almont, Michigian
To you guys that have mounted the front Rasmussen bumper think you can squeeze a skid plate on first and mount bumper over?? i know the instructions say It will not work with a skid plate but so did the XM Rasmussen bumper, and i was able to just get some longer bolts, and It worked know problem!! I was just going to go with Doo's extreme skid plate, not the full body skid plate!! Thanks, Mike!!:face-icon-small-coo

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I've never run a skid plate in my life. However, the way the new bumper mounts, it has lots of adjustment because it's a 3 piece bumper. The bottom piece though has a crease in it and is made to marry up perfect to the bulkhead. If you added a 1/4" of plastic it's not going to fit perfect but you could get bolts long enough to go through it all in lieu of the rivets that are supplied with the kit.

M
Mar 7, 2008
Almont, Michigian
I've never run a skid plate in my life. However, the way the new bumper mounts, it has lots of adjustment because it's a 3 piece bumper. The bottom piece though has a crease in it and is made to marry up perfect to the bulkhead. If you added a 1/4" of plastic it's not going to fit perfect but you could get bolts long enough to go through it all in lieu of the rivets that are supplied with the kit.

Thanks Chadly, I think I might just go with Doo's Extreme skid plate, there Is less plastic, and the bumper should fit, I hope, like you said some longer bolts and It should be ok!!:face-icon-small-coo

M
Mar 7, 2008
Almont, Michigian
So did anyone get there Rasmussen bumper mounted over a skid plate plate yet ?? I'd love to see some pics, as well as many other sled heads, I have my doo extreme skid plate, and my bumper, but sled won't be here for another couple weeks, I'm sure someone has there's mounted!!:face-icon-small-coo

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Rasmussen bumper

I wonder why they say to use 4 rivets thru bottom bracket, but only pre drill 2 holes.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Backwoods BMP make a bumper that is designed to work with the skidoo skid plate if you don't want to chance it with the Skinz bumper.

M
Mar 7, 2008
Almont, Michigian
Backwoods BMP make a bumper that is designed to work with the skidoo skid plate if you don't want to chance it with the Skinz bumper.

Yes I did see there bumper, and It's nice, but I liked the Rasmussen bumper better, so I bought It and I have It at my house, along with some other parts, just know sled yet, I should have It with in a couple weeks!!:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features