• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS TSS Question

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Agree with what you are saying except in 1 case where I know this doesn’t work. I had a 17 Axys that had a TSS go bad. The resistor failed. Cost me a chopper ride. If I would have had the TSS bypass I would have rode out. Removing the spring and plunger would not have helped.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The "Remove and Tape Method" works in the short term but will still fail you

Also when you tape it up and it gets moisture in it, it lowers the resistance enough that it will not function either.

The only correct solution is a "Correctly Functioning TSS" or a Plug and Play Bypass like mine.

Can a Bypass jumper fail as well? Yes, I've had one customer claim one did so I sent him a new one at my expense. But the likelihood of that is a very very small percentage. I am very meticulous with my build process and any questionable resistors are discarded. Plus they are tested with a high quality Fluke 87 meter both before (to be sure the resistance is worthy of assembly) and after assembly when I write the final / finished resistance value on the connector. Plus they are cheap. Cheaper than a replacement TSS switch. And far cheaper than all the BS you would get from your riding buddies when your sled won't run right and costs them a day or more of fun in the good snow. Not to mention a chopper ride or other extrication method in extreme situations.

I have no reason or incentive to push these, I built them so I'm not stuck running the sh!tty stock throttle block on my personal builds. Members of this forum have been asking for them ever since, so I keep them in stock at their request. If you want to gamble with the "Remove and Tape Method" so be it. I really don't care. When that option fails PM me if you'd like to fix it correctly rather than bandaid it for the short term like a redneck.

Whether you Tape it or Bypass it; Please use a Tether connected to You whenever the machine is running.

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Resistors are here, Bypasses will be made and ready to ship on Monday the 30th.

The back Ordered Resistors have arrived. I'll have another batch of Bypasses ready to ship on Monday the 30th. PM me for the purchasing info. and to get yours on its way.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Another Fresh batch of TSS Bypass Jumpers made and ready for Purchase

I have another batch of Bypasses ready to ship. PM me for the purchasing info. and to get yours on its way.[/QUOTE]

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
can you shoot me the price on one of these? Any discounts if I buy say.. 5? --Thanks

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
can you shoot me the price on one of these? Any discounts if I buy say.. 5? --Thanks

As it is, I don’t really make any money on these. The best I can offer is to discount the the postage price, as that is currently calc’d into the Each price and I can ship 100 in the same USPS Priority Flat Rate Box.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
For what it's worth I am still making these, although demand has decreased with lower budget / lower quality knock offs being produced this winter.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Resistors are here, Bypasses will be made and ready to ship on Monday the 30th.

The back Ordered Resistors have arrived. I'll have another batch of Bypasses ready to ship on Monday the 30th. PM me for the purchasing info. and to get yours on its way.

Do you have any bypasses made for the new 850?
I need one.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I've been too busy to log on in years but yes still have them available. PM me if you are interested in acquiring one / or some.

For those that PM'd while I was MIA. Re-PM me and we’ll get it done. Thanks!

Last edited:
Premium Features