• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Can for 850

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
I am not going to get in a P...... contest with you since you have a right to your opinion. If you think that as sledders we are entitled to the mountains regardless of any one else being able to do anything about it carry on, like I said its your money spend it as you wish.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I am not going to get in a P...... contest with you since you have a right to your opinion. If you think that as sledders we are entitled to the mountains regardless of any one else being able to do anything about it carry on, like I said its your money spend it as you wish.

I'm just curious why you don't think weight savings isn't a good enough excuse? I'm with you on the opinion of the loud ones. I really wish people didn't run obnoxious cans and they banned snowbikes permanently :face-icon-small-hap but weight savings is as good as reason as any to ditch the heavy stock one. I run the Diamond S and they aren't any louder than a stock one from what I can't tell....

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I'm just curious why you don't think weight savings isn't a good enough excuse? I'm with you on the opinion of the loud ones. I really wish people didn't run obnoxious cans and they banned snowbikes permanently :face-icon-small-hap but weight savings is as good as reason as any to ditch the heavy stock one. I run the Diamond S and they aren't any louder than a stock one from what I can't tell....

Cause most people dont run the stock can on their sleds, and make a comparison to see what the negative effect lightweight can has on their sled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
I agree that reducing weight on a sled is a good thing unless it impacts durability or adds noise. If the Diamond S can was available in Canada for a competitive price I might be willing to try it since it doesn't use packing for noise attenuation and should retain its sound level indefinitely unlike the cans that use packing and get louder every time out. Jmo

D
Mar 13, 2014
First question is why do you need a can for the 850: weight saving, making more noise, increased performance?
All after market cans offer some weight savings, most aftermarket cans make more noise, most aftermarket cans don't increase HP, the pipe creates HP. Check out Rich Daly Dynoport and Olaev Aenn hand book.
The stock can offers the best compromise for the above at no cost to you and no additional costs to replace melted plastics etc.
I do not ride groomed trails, I ride in the Valemount, McBride area when in the mountains, between Nordegg and Edson in the foothills and cut lines and lakes in Northern Alberta. None of these areas are near towns or villages but I have decided that making more noise than a stock machine is not for me. Listening to the narrative that "mountain cans are okey in the mountains makes me chuckle, really?
What makes people think that the mountains are for sledders only? Heli skiers, snow boarders and down hill skiers as well as hikers all share the same areas not to mention the wildlife. Just ask the folks in the BC snowmobile clubs that have to constantly fight to keep the remaining snowmobile areas from being closed by the government. My rant for the day, its your money buy whatever you want to. JMO

If you are riding where hikers or skiers or snow shoe folk are sell yore sled and go gather acorns for squirrels.

The noise crusaders crack me up. When I leave the trail head I occasionally pass a couple hikers and pass at a slow speed, no can is loud at 5 mph. After that it is rare for us to see another snowmobile the entire day.

Coming from the powerboat world where I can actually see it being an issue this can stuff is funny.

Turn it up and get real butthurt noise forum police!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zro6WC0SROc

Last edited:
R

Randog

Dec 3, 2007
SLP Great quality made a difference in performance and is priced right. Best of all stock quiet until you are all the way into it and then it is not that loud.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
BDX/SPEED SHOP INC OPTIONS

We have both the Titanium and Stainles Steel version. Both are identical in design with a dual overlapping mechanical baffle system. The Titanium version weighs only 4 lbs, and the Stainless weighs 7.5 lbs. Both very light in comparison to the stock one. Stainless Steel is $199.95 and Titanium is $399.95.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_category=184&controller=category

12-302ti muffler.jpg 12-302 muffler.jpg

Premium Features