• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rotopax Gas Can Mount?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Does anyone know there is a Rotopax gas can mounting plate available that will fit the tunnel for the new 2018 M8000? Going to be new to Cat and coming off a Pro and have the Rotopax can and storage container and would like to mount them on the Cat.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Do they have a universal kit? Cat doesnt have a rear heat exchanger and the tunnel is fairly flat.

silverram323

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Cambridge, MN
www.beyondsynthetics.net
I found this

https://rotopax.com/arctic-cat-m8-short-seat-base-plate.html

b7a82729411e2df6672f141ff67a9d7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
I ordered the mounting plate that they had for previous M-sleds. Looks great! I plan on installing the Cat mountain rear bumper. I might have to make some adjustments to the pointing plate to clear the side supports for the bumper.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Anybody have any reports on the mount they bought and how it worked out?

I installed the one that Silverram posted a photo of on my early release Sno Pro. It turned out great and only had to drill 4 holes. I'm installing the Cat mountain pro rear bumper when my sled gets back from the dealer after they finish the mapping, clutch and heat sheild updates. I might have to trim the mount in order for the bumper braces that run along the tunnel to clear.

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
I installed the one that Silverram posted a photo of on my early release Sno Pro. It turned out great and only had to drill 4 holes. I'm installing the Cat mountain pro rear bumper when my sled gets back from the dealer after they finish the mapping, clutch and heat sheild updates. I might have to trim the mount in order for the bumper braces that run along the tunnel to clear.

Pictures please?! I hate that they don't really try and sell their product on their page.

bucky919

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2008
North Dakota
Last edited:
D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
I will provide pictures when I get my sled back from the dealer after the stupid recalls. It’s my first Cat and I’m very frustrated with all the back orders associated with their accessories and parts associated with recalls. I’m hoping this sled will deliver!

You definatly want to go with the plate over the piece to mount it directly to the tunnel. If you don’t, the can will rub all the powder coating off your tunnel.

Rotopax also offers a black box that looks like a gas can for storage. You will have to order the box and an extension that mounts to the plate. I like the box, but the storage is limited.

Premium Features