• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit 850: Ratchet, Slap, Rocks and Carnage!!

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Update on my 850!

All of my parts are at the shop and I am currently waiting on the insurance agent to give them the go ahead!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Ha ya that would be pretty cool. I am a powder snob though if it isn't real good I don't go even in winter months.

But this does give the sled a run for it's money on fun...
Flame%202_zpsoftxfzmu.jpg

Sweet boat !... the Nordics are great hulls !

I just work on them.... never had the money to own one outright.

Though I normally specialize in high dollar Italian mahogany power boats.... I'll be rigging one of Fiore's older 47' GTX's with a pair of the new 1650 Mercs and M8 drives for a client.... quite a project once it gets back from the paint shop this spring.

Gotta love that kind of power !! (the C12 bill is staggering though.. Ouch)

soft-white-hulkin-green.png

Last edited:
H
Dec 15, 2014
I was trying to follow this post as there is a definite interest in better protection for our sled. Can we keep this on topic? Has anyone made something that protects the chaincase and brake parts of the tunnel?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
UPDATE:

My oldest son's sled is FINALLY going back together today.
All the parts are on hand and the insurance company finally signed off on everything!

ab7ef81a04e95b8972f10b21520ecb86.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, I can only speak for my local dealer Rexburg Motor Sports and I believe that they have always been brutally honest with me. Never had even a Hint of anything less than total honesty. But that is why I keep going back to them over and over again over the last 9 years.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
At long last
All three of my girls are back together again for the first time.

My youngest sons sled had to go back for an additional "tweak" after we picked it up a couple weeks ago when we found that the drive shaft had a tiny bend in it that was causing an odd vibration while riding under load
1cd008965c14074fdbc76f92c64556d3.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
At long last
All three of my girls are back together again for the first time.

My youngest sons sled had to go back for an additional "tweak" after we picked it up a couple weeks ago when we found that the drive shaft had a tiny bend in it that was causing an odd vibration while riding under load
1cd008965c14074fdbc76f92c64556d3.jpg

Wow.......
Wish you luck!

Grip and rip on all 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. BB

Premium Member
Sep 7, 2009
Gen 4 weakness

So the question is what has BRP done to make 2018 gen 4 platform stronger?

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
So the question is what has BRP done to make 2018 gen 4 platform stronger?

There's no mystery. They added a brace to the E-module, that will help prevent it cracking when you toast the S-module. That brace can be retro'd on a '17, but comes stock on the '18. The GnR kit will help prevent S-module damage and you can also add this ZRP brace, which is also intended to protect the S-module: https://www.zollingerracingproducts.com/ski-doo/gen-4-s-module-bulkhead-brace.

The modules are easily damaged when you catch a ski on a buried object during a carve. The design transfers the impact to the modules under that scenario. They hold up pretty well otherwise. So, the extra bracing is mostly worth it if you like to take chances during early season. I've been guilty of that myself.

Mr. BB

Premium Member
Sep 7, 2009
As the owner of both an x and sp can u tell any difference due to the different shocks as far as ride or ?

Premium Features